“Cozy”

Ranked #369 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Cozy”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked the hotel as employee discounted rate reservation. The Night Auditor who checked us in who was from Waterloo was really nice. Helped us with the door, smooth check-in, courteous, smiles. The breakfast person was very nice too. Very friendly. Good waffles. Apples were not so fresh though. Tasted old. The room was small but cozy. The corridors and elevator felt tight but again for the price we paid, we got a lot more. Very happy with the stay :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RubyRC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I came to NYC for Beatles Fest at the Grand Hyatt. My gut told me to stay at the Grand Hyatt but I did not want to pay $250 for a night. I stayed at the Clarion because it was less than a mile from the Hyatt and I got an amazing rate of $99. But I guess sometimes price is Worst customer service ever! My floor sounded like brothel when I went to go downstairs to get a bottle of water. Called the front desk and the night auditor didnt even answer the phone!! But I guess I should have expected that when I had to be put on hold for over 15 minutes for a wake up call!!

The icing on the cake was when I had to leave Sunday morning to go on walking tour. I went to check out and the bellman Nabil asked me if I wanted my car brought around. I informed him, I would not be leaving NYC until 10pm at night. Nabil then told me that on Sundays, there is free parking on the streets and he offered to have my car brought around. and to park on the street. I told him that would be fine and to please leave a note in the log book that my keys would be here. Nabil then tells me "Oh well if someone else claims for your keys, we can give them your keys." I looked in shocked asking if they would even verify about the car and he goes "Nope if they say thats their car, we can give them the keys." I was beyond angry and told them to leave the car in the garage and I had to run out to get a cab because I was late for my walking tour.

When I called this morning to complain to the AGM about my experience, Timothy acted like he could care less and told me to call tomorrow after he spoke to the staff to get their side of the story. I am sorry but I worked in the hotel industry for over 11 years and when a guest has a complaint, it is the manager's job to rectify the situation and then speak to staff onways to improve a guest's stay.

I had no choice but to call corporate and file a complaint on the hotel. Roberta, who was very nice told me within 72 hours I should have a response back.

Bottom line is either save up enough money to stay at a decent hotel or ONLY COME TO NYC FOR A DAY TRIP AND NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank phillygirlmich

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent staff, they were very knowledgeable about the metro and how to get to places by using the metro, room was a little small and simple but comfortable, The surrounding area was decent with a 24 hour deli, McDonald's, and subway, If your looking for a decent and low price getaway add this one to your decision.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here many years ago and I still remember how good this hotel was. It didn't renew this time around.
They had expired yogurt in the breakfast room, I couldn't even make my own waffle. I had to ask the attendant for one in which he was very rude.

Room condition is below my expectation. Carpet was dirty and overall, it seem unsanitary as A/C air smells like urine.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brasilia-DF
Reviewed 6 January 2014

PROS:
Outstanding location in the Park Avenue just between Metro Stations on 28th and 33rd. Many restaurants at the surroundings. Walking distance to Chelsea and many other points of interest. The Hotel is very well cleaned. Staff is supportive. Free breakfast in the Hotel (carbs based, indeed, but nice to start the day without leaving the premisses in the cold weather, for example). Depending on the rate you get, it can be a really good Value for Money in Manhattan. Double bed is realtive small for a couple,but is confortable if you like more soft ones. Very good weather and sound proofness in the lateral room.

CONS:
Decor is a bit outdate and the standard single room is just too small (we cannot expect too much from NY, but it is really difficult to move with luggage inside the room. Impossible to fit a couple there, if you are alone, you will be fine). Floor is noisy, since it is wood with carpet on top. O got the last floor, so I cannot imagine if my steps could bother the people downstairs.

Room Tip: Standard room is very small. Lateral rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DinhoAlves
Boston
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We needed to stay in NYC during September to visit a TV show. The only problem? It was fashion week. Hotel rates were through the roof! But this was one that was reasonable ($239) if you prepaid on choicehotels.com.

We booked two double beds. And I think that was key to having a big room at this hotel! It was quite a good size for New York City. Our bed was comfortable and clean. The windows faced out on the main streets of Manhattan but yet was very quiet. The room was showing a bit of wear along the floorboards and carpets. The bathroom was clean. But the counter/walls showed some signs of aged splash stains... whether it was toothpaste or mouthwash. That was a bit unsettling. But overall, pretty clean. Hallways were narrow but I think that's due to age of original building.

Breakfast was typical American continental. Location was close to Grand Central and many great restaurants near-by. Overall, I recommend for a nice play to rest during your stay in New York City

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisncraz
Italy
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed there 4 nights in December 2013 in standard double room n. 509. The room is very small but very quiet (facing a courtyard) and clean. The bed is comfortable (and with no bed-bugs!), bed linen and towels are good quality. Breakfast is satisfying (bagels, muffins, donuts, waffles, bread/butter/jam, orange and apple juice, the/coffee/chocolate, fruit, yogurt). The/coffee/chocolate and biscuits from 4 to 7 pm. Free wifi in room. The location is good: close to subway n.6 stop, 15 minutes walking to Penn Station.
The only thing we didn’t like was that we emailed several times to the hotel to inform them about our late arrival and to ask for a no-smoking room and nobody replied, but check-in went smooth with a nice young lady.
We definitely recommend this hotel if one wants to stay in a comfortable place and doesn’t want to spend a lot of money!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple