“Great Location & High Speed WIFI But That's All.”

Clarion Hotel Park Avenue
Ranked #382 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Great location! The free WIFI high speed was also a good surprise. But that's all.
Very poor service. The rooms are too small and old fashion. They should be renewed. If you want a nice room make sure to book one with a front view. They are larger.
The Clarion is close to everything. Lots of restaurant options in the neighbor and for all budgets.
Antenor

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank A p

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Clarion Hotel for a quick weekend getaway. The rooms were small, but very clean and really had everything you need. Bathrooms were updated, free Wifi. The beds were very comfortable. Really, how much space do you need in a room when you are spending 2-3 nights in Manhattan? What you really want is a safe, comfortable, clean and reasonably priced base to work out of and this is it! Parking is available for a nominal fee, while the staff will park and retrieve your car as often as you'd like. Speaking of the staff, Manager Kinsuk and his staff, Pedro and Nabil were excellent! They were each eager to please and went out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast is included with the room, while it's location at 29th and Park Avenue is tough to beat. The daily rate for the hotel was very low, making this a place that we will return to each time.

Definitely consider this diamond in the rough!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank silentgman
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Yes the room was small... Very very small...

But it was clean and very affordable!!! $80 for an hotel room in NYC !!! Pretty affordable !!! Could be good for a couple with little luggages ;-)

Valet parking for $30 / 24 hr

Very good breakfast as well...

Very nice and courteous service...

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank benoitleblanc
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a cheap hotel. It is just a play to rest your head while you explore New York. I stayed in a single room, which was small but importantly clean. The breakfast was good for a free breakfast. A choice of breakfast included pastries, cereal, yogurt & fresh made waffles.
Subway station was 2 mins from the hotel. 5 mins was from Flatiron building. 15/20 mins from Penn Station. 10 mins from Empire State Building. This hotel is what it is, a base for exploring the city.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank vmnk
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked the hotel as employee discounted rate reservation. The Night Auditor who checked us in who was from Waterloo was really nice. Helped us with the door, smooth check-in, courteous, smiles. The breakfast person was very nice too. Very friendly. Good waffles. Apples were not so fresh though. Tasted old. The room was small but cozy. The corridors and elevator felt tight but again for the price we paid, we got a lot more. Very happy with the stay :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RubyRC
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I came to NYC for Beatles Fest at the Grand Hyatt. My gut told me to stay at the Grand Hyatt but I did not want to pay $250 for a night. I stayed at the Clarion because it was less than a mile from the Hyatt and I got an amazing rate of $99. But I guess sometimes price is Worst customer service ever! My floor sounded like brothel when I went to go downstairs to get a bottle of water. Called the front desk and the night auditor didnt even answer the phone!! But I guess I should have expected that when I had to be put on hold for over 15 minutes for a wake up call!!

The icing on the cake was when I had to leave Sunday morning to go on walking tour. I went to check out and the bellman Nabil asked me if I wanted my car brought around. I informed him, I would not be leaving NYC until 10pm at night. Nabil then told me that on Sundays, there is free parking on the streets and he offered to have my car brought around. and to park on the street. I told him that would be fine and to please leave a note in the log book that my keys would be here. Nabil then tells me "Oh well if someone else claims for your keys, we can give them your keys." I looked in shocked asking if they would even verify about the car and he goes "Nope if they say thats their car, we can give them the keys." I was beyond angry and told them to leave the car in the garage and I had to run out to get a cab because I was late for my walking tour.

When I called this morning to complain to the AGM about my experience, Timothy acted like he could care less and told me to call tomorrow after he spoke to the staff to get their side of the story. I am sorry but I worked in the hotel industry for over 11 years and when a guest has a complaint, it is the manager's job to rectify the situation and then speak to staff onways to improve a guest's stay.

I had no choice but to call corporate and file a complaint on the hotel. Roberta, who was very nice told me within 72 hours I should have a response back.

Bottom line is either save up enough money to stay at a decent hotel or ONLY COME TO NYC FOR A DAY TRIP AND NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank phillygirlmich
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent staff, they were very knowledgeable about the metro and how to get to places by using the metro, room was a little small and simple but comfortable, The surrounding area was decent with a 24 hour deli, McDonald's, and subway, If your looking for a decent and low price getaway add this one to your decision.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo