All reviews breakfast attendant hallways are narrow single room window unit free breakfast stay there again yogurt chest of drawers per night convenient location bed was comfortable grand central station times square manhattan block subway starbucks
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I called trying to pay my reservation before I got there. John answered the phone and told me I couldn't do that. I asked if he could send me a credit card authorization form. He then hung up on me. He wouldn't even give me his name or the name of the manager when I called back. When I actually got to the hotel I instantly recognized his voice. The manager was NEVER there and never addressed the issue. 2. I was told my card wouldn't be authorized, and then it was by the manager..BIG SURPRISE. I was less upset about the authorization and more upset about John. He was the most rude and condescending hotel employee i've ever encountered Pedro and the other girl that checked me in and out were VERY nice and accommodating. The girl that was there when I left was ok, but kinda snooty. She saw me struggling with my bags and didn't try to help. She just looked and smirked. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing i've ever paid to sleep on. I knew the room would be small because it's New York, but it was the size of a matchbox. The front desk needs a revamp BADLY. The highlight of my stay was the fact that I was barely in the room. I promise I won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The room and bathroom were strikingly clean. The shower had an adjustment both for temperature, and force. The bed was comfortable and had 4 pillows. The central air conditioning was unique to me, and had a hard time figuring it out at first. The breakfast was very complete. BUT i was in for breakfast at 9:00 and it goes to 10:00, and i got the last pieces of bacon, the last egg, and the last of the home fries. The attendant was making no effort to bring out more, the tables had dirty dishes on them, and you had to ask if you wanted waffle mix. The room was incredible small, as were the hallways, how they use a maids cart is beyond me. The lobby did not seem air conditioned, felt bad for the desk clerks, and the one that checked me in was very nice in accommodating me for an early check in, something i am not used to in NYC. It was a good 1/2 hour walk to Times Square, and not conducive for my activities, so i might not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2018

small rooms but great park ave location , reasonably priced especially for Manhattan & a great neighborhood bar right next store. Stayed a couple of nights & saw a lot of Manhattan. Only slept there but very comfortable & staff was accommodating.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank 25joeyd1
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Besides the room being a tiny box, the housekeeping staff here are thieves.
My 9 year old sons Dallas cowboys wallet was stolen out of the closet that had $200 cash that had been given to him from his grandma for his birthday so he could buy souvenirs on our trip. The hotel staff did nothing to try and help us with this matter and insisted the housekeeper's do not steal here. Extremely disgusted, disappointed all around with this hotel and can only hope Karma will take care of the housekeeper that took my sons money!!! DO NOT STAY HERE! It's not worth saving a few dollars.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
SaveenW, Manager at Clarion Hotel Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to inform that the Clarion Hotel Park Avenue has an honest team of individuals who work tirelessly to ensure all have memorable experiences.

The housekeeping staff holds themselves to a high degree of integrity in their work, and are not compelled to steal from our guests.

For all personal belongings left behind, strict hotel policy is enforced, to ensure that items are reported to management and guests are contacted.

Unfortunately, no Dallas Cowboys wallet was reported. We hope you are able to find the wallet elsewhere.

Saveen
Manager
Clarion Hotel Park Avenue

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We, my out of town hotel manager friend and I, a frequent traveler to New York City, were told by hotel management that we would have a room big enough for both us with a bed large enough for both of us. Not only were we given a room which was nicknamed in-house The Coffin, for its small and tight rectangular size, we were told that for the succeeding nights were there, we would be moved to a larger room at no extra charge, only to be told the next day that we would be charged $150 more for each night. Sleeping against a wall with no room to turn is very uncomfortable. The rooms were so small that a family down the hall had to arrange their affairs outside their room seated on the floor. I heard vulgarity behind the front desk. If this establishment treats a fellow hotel manager from out of town like this unscrupulously, then ordinary customers can only expect worse treatment. A hotel highly un-recommended!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple