Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dylan Hotel NYC(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
Andaz 5th Avenue(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
Kitano New York(New York City)
  • Room Service
4,309 results
All reviewsreading roomwine and cheeselibrary themegrand central stationpetite roomdewey decimal systemmadison and vinebook loversrooftop barlove roomnew yorkthe ny public librarybryant parkevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelsfloor lounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at the Library Hotel for one night after taking my daughter to the Harry Potter Exhibition. What a NICE PLACE TO STAY. The staff was very nice, I had interactions with front desk only and they allowed us to check 1 hour late (very accommodating).
The room was small, but for NY standards where space comes at a large premium, they really didn't miss any small details. I'll take small but detailed for the price!
The breakfast was really nice, consisting of very good bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal and pastry along with sorted juices, coffee and tea. You couldn't have asked for anything more than that.
Location was great! a very short walk to Grand Central and Times Square.
When staying over night in NYC you'll want to try the Library Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beccacc31
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I loved the Library Hotel, it was perfect for my solo vacation to NYC. I chose it primarily based on TripAdvisor reviews and I was really happy with my choice. This hotel has the perfect situation of being very centrally located but away from the midtown craziness. I loved the fact that it felt like an insider's secret to stay there. I chose a Single Petite Room (ended up on the 6th floor) and actually found it to be more roomy than I had originally expected. The deluxe continental breakfast was fully stocked and delicious, and I looked forward to starting my day that way. But what really made me love this place was the staff, they were genuinely friendly and I felt quite comfortable as a solo traveler. I would highly recommend this hotel, I think it deserves all the accolades it's received and I'm happy to add my two thumbs up to the mix.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter with less street noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Momo_on_vacation
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Other than the usual NYC small rooms, this hotel is wonderful. The lounge with wine, cheese, breakfast, snacks, etc. is an added bonus.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank emersonCT
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Spent 6 nights here recently based entirely on TripAdvisor reviews. Hotel is in a very nice location. One block from Grand Central Station and 10 mins from places like Empire State building, UN, Times Square etc. As has been mentioned many times before by TA, the staff are incredible and will go out of their way to assist you in any way they can. Rooms were Ok, perhaps it was just our room that left us a bit disappointed. It was room 11-01, which unfortunately only had one window and was very dark at all times of the day. Being close to the stairwell, we could continually hear the hum of a very noisy central aircon unit. The WiFi was also not great in that room. Flaky connection that would make browsing on both an iPad and a laptop very very frustrating. Probably just best to avoid room 11-01.

Breakfast's were great with a fairly wide selection of fresh fruit salad, pastries, breads etc. There is no hot breakfast on hand in case that is what you require. Coffee on tap was also quite nice.

If I were to go back to NY, Im not sure I would go back to the Library Hotel, not because I didn't like it, but that I would like to try something different. Our rate for a Deluxe Queen room per night was in the region of $580, which I can't say was value for money.

Overall a nice place to stay while in NY, but I suspect the previous TA reviews had built up too much of an expectation which could not be met, not because of the staff, but because of the rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid room 11-01. Rooms too far from a WiFi booster may have bad/ no Internet connectivity.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AskaCapetonian
LibraryHotel, Director of Sales at Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear AskaCapetonian,

Thank you for advising us of your thoughts regarding your stay. We apologize that you did not find your room to your liking. You are correct in that the ’01 rooms have one window and are closer to the stairwell, and for that reason, we have noted in your profile that the next time you stay with us you would be placed in an ’05 line room. These rooms have two windows, which would bring in much more light, and are at the opposite side of the building and away from the stairwell. We really do hope that you change your mind and give us another try so that we may show you that we truly offer an enjoyable time and many more amenities than ordinary hotels such as free breakfast, free wifi and free wine and cheese receptions every evening. Due to your review, we have reset the Wifi booster on the 11th floor and tested it to be sure it’s running properly. A simple reset takes no time at all and that is why we always prefer our guests mention any issues or concerns while they are staying with us. It is important for us to be able to offer immediate solutions. We truly want our guests to feel most comfortable. If we had the availability, we may have even been able to move you to an ’05 room right away. Did you happen to mention your thoughts while on-site? We really do not want you, or any guest, to leave our hotel unhappy in any way. Should you feel like giving us another try, please do contact me directly so that I may set up your reservation personally. Hoping to hear from you very soon.

_ Yogini Patel, Honorary Librarian, and the staff at the Library Hotel: yogini@libraryhotel.com

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I stayed at the Library Hotel from 8th Sept-10 Sept 2011. Being my first visit to the US and to New York City and being a solo traveller, I was keen to find a place that was in a great location (reasonably close to all the major attractions), a place where you would be well-looked after and somewhere that was nice and homely/cosy. I found all this and more at the Library Hotel. From the moment I arrived, the lovely doorman assisted me with my luggage (rather heavy) and I was informed that I got a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room which was excellent.

What really exceeded my expectations was the fact that the Library Hotel has a lovely reading room where you can get refreshments at any time and also use their internet and office facilities which made things so convenient for me and assisted me to better organize myself in the limited time I spent in NYC.

The aspects that were good but potentially could improve to be even better would be the variety of food offered at breakfast...they have a good selection of cereals, fruit, pastries and juice however it would be nice to see some hot food on the menu. Overall though, great experience.

Also, I was able to arrange a late check out at no extra cost and the staff were so lovely and patient in dealing with me so I feel very grateful and fortunate for my experience.

I highly recommend the Library Hotel and hope to stay there again if I visit NYC in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view-they are more likely to place you in a nicer room, also if you want a late checkout, be sure to mention this as you are booking the room as it gives them ample notice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Dear SamanthaSolomons,

We appreciate the time you took to write a review on your stay with us. We’re so glad that you enjoyed yourself and wanted to advise you that, although a hot breakfast may appeal to some guests, we have found that most of our guests truly enjoy the European Continental style set-up. This also helps us keep our costs down, so that we don’t have to pass on increased rates to our travelers. For that reason, we must stick to offerring what works best in an overall sense. We do hope to see you back with us when you visit NYC in the future and thank you so much for recommending us. It means the world to us!

_ Yogini Patel, Honorary Librarian, and the staff at the Library Hotel