“Library Hotel a real gem”

Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #6 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My second stay here and just as good as the first. Super clean, fantastic location, great staff, ground floor restaurant accessible from hotel. Had friends over for after-show drinks in enclosed rooftop bar. Breakfast is great and wine and cheese and snacks a nice touch. My go-to hotel in NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ed D

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Wonderful stay at The Library. Helpful, efficient and friendly staff. My "petite" room was well-appointed and comfortable and certainly large enough for one or two. Delicious breakfast buffet in lovely room included. 2 blocks from Grand Central Station. I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fred K
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Library hotel over Christmas last year with our 10 year old son. We were welcomed with open arms from the minute we got there around midnight. We were tired having flown from the west coast, but nothing was too hard for the lovely staff. We stayed for 5 nights and it became our haven in the very large noisy and sometimes scary city of NY. Nothing was too much trouble, from the cleaning staff/reception staff/doormen/restaurant and breakfast staff. It was a truly wonderful experience that we will treasure always and we are grateful to all staff that made our Christmas a very special one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travelbugssa
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Manhattan is so many characters, from the classy upper east side to the urban interest of Chelsea and Greenwich. Midtown is all about business, Times Square, Broadway and Grand Central. It's busy, fast and commercial. The Library Hotel is a wonderful refuge right near the New York library, an easy walk from Broadway and Times Square. Grand Central station is right around the corner, great access to the subway and bus. Our room was spacious, comfortable with a very cosy bed and bathroom. Service is fine, and the breakfast, evening drinks and the rooftop bar are a bonus after a big day out in the NYC hustle and bustle. Good value, a little different, and a comfortable hotel. If Midtown is the place to be, then The Library Hotel is definitely a fine place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank BrisbaneSwanny_23
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Me and two of my friends stayed at Library hotel from 17th of Jan till 20th of Jan at junior suite room on 6th floor. We were warlmly welcomed and accomodated with no problem. Staff was very friendly and helpful and all our requests were satisfied! I loved the location of the hotel, very convinient and close to everything! Also hotel provided tea&coffee, fruits and bakery 24/7, happy hours with wine&prosecco&cheese from 5-7pm. We enjoyed it a lot. Breakfast was very simple, no hot food provided. Tried coctails at the roof bar! Loved it! Also tried burger on ground floor! It was the best burger in my life!!!!
I'd like to thank staff of the hotel for their kind assistance when I called in a 10 days from the airport and said that my flight was cancelled and we need to stay one night and we were offered the same type of room with the nice discount with no prepayment! It was so nice to realise that they recognised us and we felt like home upon our arrival! Many thanks and best wishes to my favourite hotel in the world!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Акмаржан К
Reviewed 6 February 2014

As often as I am in New York City, the roulette involved in selecting a hotel (especially for business) that allows easy access to transportation, relative quiet for recharging after a long business day and value for the money is always a challenge. The Library Hotel meets all of these criteria and many more. The rooms are large by NYC standards. It's VERY quiet, even right off Madison. Public transportation is right around the corner. There are plenty of hotels and shops nearby. And the cost was well within reasonable.

The only thing I have not mentioned is the staff and service. I have saved the most outstanding aspect of The Library Hotel for last. From the door to the front desk to the housekeeping staff, this is by far one of the most professional staffs I have ever encountered. Simple requests were granted even before I finished my sentence. Convenience and willingness to accommodate are benchmarks the hotel sets for itself. I could not be more impressed.

I have finally found my go-to hotel in New York City.

Dates of stay: January 25th -29th 2014

Room Tip: Room 1101: Logic is quiet and like an oasis in the city.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank caulfield98115
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is by far the very best hotel in the world, ok, so I put the last page first and spoiled the story...But, my wife and I booked for a five night stay the week before Super Bowl in freezing conditions. The day started on an early flight delayed for one hour, into the less than inspiring JFK. Transit trains had a fire and were closed, the shuttle taxi forgot us, not a great start to a new city, so the hotel had a lot of impressing to do -and impress they did, seemingly without even trying... All the good things the other authors have written are true, the hotel is beautifully clean, the staff- all the staff- are the very best you will find anywhere. Please read the reviews but be warned, should you decide not to stay at the library, it will always be in the back of your mind that you could have had the very very best.

Room Tip: Ours was on the eighth floor and we were very happy with it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple