“I keep coming back”

Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #6 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've reviewed this hotel once already, but just had such a pleasant experience staying there (this was my third stay) that I want to review it again. Mainly, I want to talk about how helpful and friendly the staff are. Particularly, my SuperShuttle never arrived (or if it arrived it was 2 hours late) to take me to the airport. The women at the front desk called the shuttle company for me several times and eventually, another staff member got me a cab to JFK. This was all done with cheerful kindness.

And the breakfasts (with the Times) continue to delight me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen R

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Words fail me when trying to truly encapture the amazing homely quailty of the Library hotel....I visited last winter but as in most cases a crazy where did all that time go lifestyle has the blame i didnt comment before now!
The hotel is exactly as described on thier internet oage ,even down to the measurementsof thier rooms,so NO ONE should ever have the opportunity to complain about ( eg) the petite room being too small! The hotel staff are second to none and absolutely NOTHING is too much trouble for them ..,each and everyone of the staff you meet treats you with the greatest respect but at the same time have the uncanny knack of making you feel as though you are in a home away from home...the afternoon free wine and cheese party is a very welcoming way to greet weary visitors ,and the quality of both cheeses,nibbles and wines are not only of top quality but very pleantyful,the staff are constantly checking to see if you need a refill....breakfast also being served in the same area is very pleasant ,and again attended to perfection by the very cheerful ,chatty and charming staff,juices ,bagels,cookies,fabulous fruit salad ,fruit bread,( which they will even take away and toast for you if required) etc etc and gorgeous coffee ,tea or bot chocolate....all accompanied by books ,books and more books ,which I feel totally ashamed to say I didnt even read a few pages of even one all the time I was there! Just too many other things to do ..if you do love the library idea ,try to visit the Pierspoint library ,very near by the hotel an absolute gem and a breathtaking site to see if you wantt something a little different from the other more popular sights in NYC....a special mention to Alvin and Thomas from the fornt desk area..and also a top class hotel director who keeps an eye on every single detail to make sure nothing ever goes amis......thank you so much for a truely wonderful stay ,its now number one on my wish list ....when can I make my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator ,but as for themes everyone is different...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have to say this stay at the Library Hotel was by far my most enjoyable time at a hotel. The staff was accommodating in all areas. Always asking if we needed anything. Flagged down cabs for us. Truly showed they are in it for great customer service. The rooms were everything we hoped...decorated perfectly for each themed room. Each night staff comes to pull down the bed, leaves soft music on for when you return, leaves chocolates and a card noting what the weather will be for the next day. They have their Reading room on the 2nd floor that has coffee, tea, water, pastries and fruit 24/7. Also from 5-8 each night there is cheese and wine. Even one day we showed up a little late for the complimentary breakfast and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. The roof top terrace is a great place to go and have your breakfast. I cannot say enough how much I was pleased.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Library Hotel is perfectly situated just a 2-minute walk from Grand Central Station. From the Library Hotel we were able to walk to Times Square/Broadway, Central Park, Radio City Music Hall and 5th Avenue. We chose a deluxe room which was just the right size. The bed was cosy and comfortable and the bathroom was perfect with everything we needed including an umbrella for when it rains. I don't like air conditioning, so when it was too hot I just opened the windows in the bedroom and got plenty of fresh air, which was just what I wanted! The staff were eager to please and very helpful whenever we asked for their advice and travel directions. The complimentary breakfast and food/drink throughout the day was excellent as was the room in which breakfast etcetera was served i.e. very comfortable and welcoming. Upstairs on the fourteenth floor the roof terrace area is very nice and there is a television which was great for my husband as he could watch England competing in the World Cup football. We had a tasty meal at Tony's Di Napoli Italian restaurant (by The Casablanca Hotel) and I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys eating Italian food as it's well worth a visit (or two).

We are currently thinking of returning to The Library Hotel in New York in May next year. Can I give a better recommendation than that!!!

Room Tip: Deluxe room is very good. For example, if it's for your wedding anniversary, suggest a room wit...
4  Thank paulette26
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the best, boutique hotel in NYC. We have been here several times and we keep coming back. The room is a bit small (typical for NYC) but the staff and ambiance makes up for it. The morning breakfast and afternoon tea (wine and cheese) is perfect for relaxation time. The location is excellent with restaurants and activities (and trains/buses) right around the corner.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Omni99
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My partner and I had a brilliant 3 night stay at this hotel in June 2014. The staff were friendly and helpful, and arranged for us to check in at noon, since we arrived from JFK quite early. We had a deluxe queen bed room which had ample space for two suitcases to be laid open. The bathroom was also very roomy with plenty of counter surfaces. The hotel provides ample bottled water, and little treats like chocolates on arrival and as part of the turndown service.

We ate at the hotel restaurant, Madison and Vine, and found the food and service to be excellent. They do a very reasonable Prix fix menu :)

We also sat in the rooftop terrace one afternoon and enjoyed a bottle of wine with a cheese and meat plate while soaking up the summer sun. The food was again delicious and the terrace is quite relaxing despite being in the midst of the manhattan madness.

The subways are easily accessible through grand central station, which is a block north, and the hotel is located within easy walking distance of Times Square, Central Park, the Empire State Building, 5th avenue and many other museums and theatres.

We will definitely want to stay here again!

2  Thank NewfieGirl13
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have stayed at five star hotels in Paris, London and throughout the US. This hotel is on par with those hostelries. Many of them offer more luxurious rooms and grand entrances and history, but the library hotel and its staff truly make you feel as though you are their personal guests. We were celebrating our 43rd anniversary and I had ordered some extra amenities. Everything exceeded my expectation. The lounge facilities on the 2nd and 14th floors are outstanding and always available. You feel as though you are in someone's home rather than an NYC hotel. The rooms are quiet and as one might expect totally themed in the library motif.

We already planning our next and longer visit!

1  Thank george p