“How very special for this serious reader!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection

Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #6 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Falls Church
“How very special for this serious reader!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We booked the Library Hotel because it was close to the wedding we were attending and it sounded like a nice boutique hotel in an area we had not stayed before. We have been to NYC many times and have stayed at numerous hotels...so our expectation was that it would be about average. But it was above average in so many ways!
Our first impression was terrific. The front desk staff remembered our specific requests and greeted us warmly. We had so much attention! And our room was a nice size (given the generally tiny room sizes in NYC) and had every amenity. But what I really liked was the emphasis on reading and books were everywhere. There was so much clever use of the book motif! We were on the 12th floor and that was dedicated to "religion", and we had books in our room related to the American Indian.

The only small issue we had was the continental breakfast. The room was a decent size, but the breakfast amenities were in a small corner which made for a bit of juggling as you had to squeeze past others with your coffee/croissant/toast/egg. But that is a small quibble given the kind and generous staff and the location which was excellent.

Will definitely stay there again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I spent just two nights at the Library at the beginning of August. Although the hotel is in a busy part of midtown, it always felt calm and relaxing. The staff were incredibly attentive and helpful. My Deluxe room on the 10th floor was lovely and again calm, relaxing and quiet. I suggest it is a good idea going for the deluxe queen rather than the petite as the extra space was appreciated.When I arrived there was a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine greeting me in my room. A/C wasn't noisy but it definitely was needed as the city was very warm indeed. The breakfast was great, a lovely touch with a good variety of food and drinks and the cheese and wine was fantastic too. Except it isn't JUST cheese and wine but plenty of other food and drink too. The hosts really are very generous and I do feel other hotels could definitely learn from the Library. The only slight negative during my stay was the rather patchy wifi but it really didn't matter a jot as every other aspect of my stay was fantastic. I wasn't too sure what to expect as I generally don't choose to stay midtown, but my stay at the library has made me question this for next time! I would recommend the hotel wholeheartedly!

Room Tip: Aim high. I was on 10th floor and I did email before arrival requesting a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Morehorizons2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in May for 4 nights! It was a great choice. We loved the hotel. It is in a very nice location! The staff were very helpful! The room is small but very nice and clean. The roof top bar is worth a visit as well. We definitely will return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and WOW! What a great place, indeed. To start off the bell service was so polite and helpful. They gave us a quiet room "away" from 41st st. and at a higher floor. Had a box of welcome chocolate from Leonida's (the best Belgian chocolate, in my opinion). Bathroom was big for a hotel in NYC. The big surprise is that when we came back after dinner, our blinds were down, soft music playing and the bathroom was cleaned again, with fresh towels. This place feels like "home". For me, boutique hotel is the way to go. But, make sure you read the reviews first because sometimes, boutique hotels can be too loud and uncomfortable (e.g. Lincoln Hotel, Chicago).

The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 star is because of the pillows. The big sham pillow was too hard for me and the other pillow available was smaller than the standard pillow. Nevertheless, I still had a good night sleep because it was really a comfortable room.

Don't forget the complimentary wine and cheese as well as breakfast. This location of this hotel is so ideal and is at the center of everything! Highly recommended, indeed. It was worth every penny we paid for. You also get discounted parking 2 blocks away.

We will definitely be back here….

2 Thank D D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out it was really great experience.full breakfast every morning and great service all around. clean rooms which is always a plus.an stuff always willing to help. we stayed in one of the junior suites and it was perfect. we loved everything about this hotel. very pleasant stay. would be back here again. location is great. this place will be adorable during spring and autumn time. days that we spent there was very hot so we enjoyed with swimming pools. unfortunately no much entertainments for little children.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding. The staff were all fantastic and friendly. We stayed in one of the junior suites (opted not to stay in the love room) and it was perfect. I love the feel and size of the hotel, and there was a great view of the New York Public Library from our room. Excellent amenities: Free wifi, free breakfast, wine and cheese in the evening, and a great rooftop bar. We are planning to stay here again for our 1 year anniversary.

Room Tip: Petite rooms are a bit small. Go for deluxe or better yet, junior suite. Well worth the cost.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Morgan H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We loved everything about this hotel. From the location, a block from Grand Central, to the service, everybody there made sure we had everything we needed! Breakfast was fantastic! We never made it to the "wine and cheeses" part but I'm sure it was good too since everything at this hotel top our expectations.

• Stayed August 2014