Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$189
US$159
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$421
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
4,337 results
All reviewsreading roomwine and cheeselibrary themegrand central stationpetite roomdewey decimal systemmadison and vinebook loversrooftop barlove roomnew yorkthe ny public librarybryant parkevery eveningcontinental breakfastbagelsfloor lounge
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I've no idea how they do it, but the Library Hotel has cornered the art of making a stay in a hotel in New York City perfect. You will have read in all the reviews that the staff are amazing...they are in every way.... but further than that is what seems to be a core philosophy of the hotel which is dedicated to making a stay in New York such a full and restful experience. Enthusiastic but calm, generous and lively. This is superb and I can only uphold all the other positive comments made. Thank you Library Staff....ps we stayed in the paranormal room ...there may have been a whistling visitor!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xjosettex
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Stayed for 3 nights mid-February 2011. The staff was incredibly friendly and gave great recommendations for dining and nightlife. All of the staff were so nice -- not just front desk employees. It was so refreshing to feel welcomed at all times. Rooms were nice, quiet, clean. Breakfast was very good. And the complimentary nightly wine and cheese was fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank togirl999
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My colleague and I travelled to the Library Hotel for a very brief stay. With it being an NYC hotel we didn't have high hopes, but our expectations couldn't have been any further from the truth. Easy to find, fantastic greeting, wonderful welcome, beautiful room and the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel for a long time!

This hotel is a cut above the rest in so many ways. Complimentary bottled water in your room every day, complimentary cookies, coffee and pink lemonade (or tea as is my preference) all day on the 2nd floor reading room, complimentary breakfast of fruits, yoghurts, toast & bagels and a chance to mix with other hotel guests if you wish (we had an hour long conversation with two lovely ladies that made our breakfast a real treat!). As if all of this wasn't great, from 5pm there is a wine and cheese selection in the Reading Room for guests to enjoy - complimentary too!

The wifi connectivity was brilliant while the hotel was quiet, but do be warned that once a few people start to use it it does slow up. But as our friends on the Library Hotel staff said "Make time for fun as well as work".

This hotel is positioned next to my favourite area in NYC - Bryant Park. We were within walking distance of all the shopping and sights and right next to Grand Central Station. As few reviewers commented on the noise. My room was on the 9th floor and I slept soundly. I think a little noise was to be expected - it's New York City after all - but compared with other hotels I've stayed in in the city, I couldn't have hoped for a better night's sleep.

Arriving with low expectations, I can tell you 100% that we were totally wrong. We were so happy with the hotel that 2 days just wasn't long enough, we wanted to stay there and soak everything in for much longer!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Munchkin1981
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed in the Library Hotel last August with my partner and came back again for 2 nights in February on a solo trip, which gave me a new perspective on the hotel. It's an excellent choice for solo travelers. They have single rooms at lower prices, which is quite rare in the US in my experience. The breakfast and the cheese/wine reception are great whether you're traveling solo or not, but the ambience of the Reading Room makes it perfectly possible to read a book while sipping a glass of wine without feeling like a nae mates. The staff are very friendly, as all the reviews attest, and the free DVDs available at reception are also welcome to the single traveler who prefers to spend the evening in. Last time I stayed in the Library my biggest complaint was the street noise. This time I didn't notice, even though I had a room on the 3rd floor. Possibly sound travels further in the summer? Also very nice toiletries, and the free wifi was very useful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Only stayed one night but thoroughly enjoyed it. The library theme was whimsical and well executed - stylish not corny. The bedding was high quality. The "poetry garden terrace" was relaxing with interesting views. Romantic and very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple