We stayed here because the website it was booked on (Red Roof Inn) gave a lower price than other hotels in the area. The website didn't specify the age of the child, and upon check-in, was told that a child over 13 must pay an additional $15/day. A little misleading, I think. The room had a very strong mildew odor, we ended up buying our own air freshener. If you're shy, this is not the hotel for you! The bathroom door is clear glass. What is up with that? We figured out if you kept the light off, you'd have some sense of privacy. Continental breakfast was adequate- instant hot cereal, assorted cold cereals, yogurt, pastries, bagels. The location is "Little Korea," and is 10 streets plus 3 avenues away from Grand Central Station (20 min walk). Very good restaurant on this street is Haru Hana -beautifully presented Japanese cuisine. French Bakery next door to hotel, also very good. Elevators were a bit slow. Front desk people perfunctory at best, not very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated nyma offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your nyma, the New York Manhattan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manhattan Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Manhattan
- Red Roof Inn New York City
- New York City Red Roof Inn