nyma, the New York Manhattan Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
  • Pool
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$203
US$171
  • Fitness centre
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$267
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$170
  • Fitness centre
2,887 results
All reviewskorea townbagelsthe empire state buildingpenn stationbreakfast roomkorean foodnew yorktimes squareboiled eggsherald squarearound the cornerrooftop barfree breakfastfridge and microwaveper nightnon smokingexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

At the NYMA nothing was too much for you, ok we had a few minor things that irritated us, ie lifts first thing and the cards getting disabled and having to move rooms because they was putting in quieter air con! So not a bad thng. Room just the right size, functional and very clean especially the bathroom!
Good for Penn station and Hereld square station if your coming via the metro E then its here or Penn street 2 blocks straight up from here.
Steer clear of the 2nd and lift areas (ie 301,401 etc as it can get noisey) i wish some customers was as considerate as the hotel was !!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I had booked my reservation on Expedia. I wanted a hotel in midtown on either the east or west side and this one seemed to fit the bill price-wise. I arrived at the hotel early in the morning to check my bags and then headed off to my appointments. When I returned around 4 pm or so and told the gentleman at the desk my name and showed him my voucher I was told that the reservation had been cancelled the day before because my credit card was declined. I was aghast, since this has never happened to me before. I looked at the sheet he presented to me and the card numbers that had been sent to him by Expedia did not match any of mine. I immediately called Expedia to find out what they had done, since I was told by the man that I could have a room, but at a higher price than the one I had reserved. It was Expedia's error (so I warn you all to be careful if you book with them that this could happen to you!). I had the customer service woman speak with the hotel rep and it was resolved. So, unfortunately, things did not begin on a good note. However, the desk clerk was very kind ultimately and provided me a room with 2 beds (a friend had joined me) at the same rate.
The room was fine (509). I had some difficulty getting my room card to open the door, but once I achieved that all went well. The room was very clean. The beds were quite comfortable with 2 pillows and a duvet. The television is a large, flat-screened TV and if you like sports channels you will be delighted by all the selections available to you. I did not realize it, but I was told that you can phone anywhere in the US from your room at no charge. That is quite a nice feature! Also, the wifi is provided at no charge. The bathroom, although small, had a nice supply of towels and the green tea shampoo was lovely. (Caution: I did not have my glasses on and assumed that the white substance in the bottle next to the shampoo was hair conditioner. It was not!!!!! It was body lotion.
What I loved about this room was that it looked out onto a lovely outdoor balcony. Normally in NYC having any sort of view is not common, so this was an added treat.
I did not realize when I booked this hotel that breakfast is included. I was there on a weekday and it was available from 6-10am. The wonderful gentleman who services the area was a delight! He made my day: when I asked him if he was having a good day he responded that it was wonderful and that tomorrow would be even better, and so on.... What a fine message!
At the self-serve breakfast there were many cereals, breads (with a toaster), muffins, fresh fruit and juices, hard boiled eggs and coffee/tea/hot chocolate to choose from. The area is very clean and pleasant. It also makes it easy to speak with other guests if one is so inclined. It appeared that many different languages were being spoken at the hotel.
It is right in the center of "Koreatown" and so it is surrounding by many restaurants.
It is a good choice for someone not wanting to spend $300 or more for a single night in NYC.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank qhdesigner
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I chose this hotel based on location and the write up in Fromers. I was on a trip with my 2 adult daughters so I took a room that had 2 double beds. The room had a flat screen tv, fridge & microwave. (You need to request the appliances if you want them, which I did over email)
The room was not very big but it was clean and the shower had good pressure. The point of NYC is not to sit in the hotel so it met our needs. There were only 2 things; bathroom fan didn't work nor did the hair dryer. However I didn't mention either-I was convinced though that they would have done whatever needed to solve it. They were very accommodating and friendly. I recommend this hotel. It's clean and conveniently located to Times Square, Empire State, Macy's, subways and Penn Station.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Candicedk
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have been in NYC for 9 times and I was also in this hotel in 2006. After that, I have been trying another hotels, but this one is, definitively, the best cost-benefit in NYC, The location is perfect. Walking distance to Penn Station, subways, pharmacies, Empire State Building. There is this awesome Asian Market almost in front of the hotel, where you can find food in a good price. The continental breakfast is included on the hotel rate. And there is plenty of hot chocolate, tea and coffee at the mezzanino for 24 hours. This is very helpful, when you get tired at the hotel, after all day shopping and walking through NYC. The hotel staff is very nice. If the rate keeps affordable to me, I will, for good, stay in NYMA again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The NYMA was recommended by a friend who had stayed here previously.
The location is to die for - bang in the middle of Manhattan, only a couple of streets away from the shopping and Times Square.
The staff are really friendly and even accommodated an early check-in request. If you ask nicely, the NYMA will also store luggage in case you have a day to spend in the city after checking out.
The rooms are neat, and you'll be lucky if you get a corner room (larger bathrooms). Also, special shout out for the complimentary hot chocolate and vanilla bean coffee at the lounge!
Would definitely stay here when I come to New York, again!

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor would get you a spectacular view of the Empire State. But the elevators are not the fastest ever, so take your pick!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends