The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$308
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
1,628 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral parkstar loungepark viewnew yorkguest relationsfour seasonsroom servicebeautiful hotelconcierge staffbeautiful rooma wonderful stayluxury hotelcolumbus circlebattery parkthe entire staffturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed at the Ritz, Central Park from 9 July 2012 to 15 July and again from 22 July to 24 July (I has travelled to Florida in the interim). I was on Honeymoon with my new wife and neither of us had stayed at a Ritz Carlton hotel before. I chose the hotel, because it had consistently high ratings on the Internet, both from experts and everyday guests. Firstly, the location of the hotel is a dream. It sits on the corner of 6th Ave and Central Park South. For those of you are unfamiliar with the layout of Manhattan, that means you will be a 10 minute walk from Times Square, 5 minutes from 5th Avenue (a shoppers paradise) and about 30 seconds from Central Park. It is a prime location and Central Park South is widely considered to be the street with the best hotels in NYC. I was offered 3 types of deluxe rooms: a standard; a city view and a park view. The prices go up in that order by about $50 per night. I chose the city view, as I was more keen to get a view of the streets of NYC. I asked to be high up, expecting a rooftop view and was given a room on the 16th floor. Unfortunately, only when I got to the room did I realize that hotel is surrounded by some pretty tall buildings and so the view that you get is simply the side surface of surrounding buildings. Nevertheless, you get amazing views of the streets below. My room was on 6th Ave and almost at the central park corner, so I also had a partial park view. The view of the park was lovely, and there was even a fireworks display from the park one night. In retrospect, if I was expecting to spend a lot of time in the room, I would definitely opt for the park view room. As for the room itself... All I can says it that it was true 5-star luxury. Modern cushioned wallpaper welcomes you, with vintage furniture pieces interspersed throughout the room. The deluxe room was very comfortably sized, with a work-desk, a coffee table and 2 single-seater vintage chairs to complement the king-size bed and flatscreen TV. Another hotel that I had previously stayed at while in NYC had an ultra-modern look, which made it feel quite cold and not welcoming. The Ritz was quite the opposite. Low lighting throughout the room and subtle colors make you feel like royalty. The room was very clean with extremely luxurious bedding. The bathroom was a masterpiece on its own. A modern marble look greets you and luxury doesn't begin to describe the impression it creates. As for the service staff, they were truly amazing. We received individual service and were always greeted with a smile. There's always complimentary fresh coffee and a range of teas in the lobby area for those who are getting an early start to the day. The hotel has a La Prairie brand spa which I went to with my wife, but I will discuss this in a separate review. Overall, I can say without a doubt that this is the grandest hotel I have ever stayed in. It's has the kind of luxury which is understated enough to let you know it's there without looking like it's been put there to grab attention. This hotel rivals the attractions of Manhattan by putting them at arms reach, but at the same time providing you with a reason to sleep in every now then.

Room Tip: I had a City View Room, which was on the park side, so it also had a view of the park.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Virsen
Reviewed 3 August 2012

After a disappointing last trip away I needed luxury and ritz definitely delivered! Food, service, everything to the highest standard, Fantastic!!! If there was a sixth star the ritz would be the first to have it as it flew past the 5 star mark with ease!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Patty-Smithster
Reviewed 29 July 2012

For many years I have enjoyed the Ritz Carlton Central Park, and, in particular, the Club Room. This was not the case this last weekend. First of all, we had requested early check-in, which we fully realize is not guaranteed. What we were not prepared for, however, was that our room would not be ready until almost a full hour after check-in time. This seemed to be the fault of Housekeeping, which indeed is not what it used to be. Formerly, you never saw tacky housekeeping carts in the hall. This time, not only were they in the hall but left there overnight. We were disappointed to find that our bath towels were very threadbare -- shouldn't Housekeeping be taking these out of circulation? This is, after all, the Ritz, at very steep prices. But most of all, the Club Room disappointed. It appears that the hotel is overselling the Club Room, resulting in very crowded conditions -- similar to an airport lounge. And when would you have expected to see small children in the Club Room standing on chairs and jumping off them? Isn't the Club Room supposed to provide a serene experience? I felt sorry for the Club Room personnel who have been there for years -- you could tell they were embarrassed by the crowds. Hotel management needs to rethink their policies -- possibly limiting club access to older children. All in all, this was our first disappointing experience at the Ritz.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank newyorker905
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is the second stay at the Central Park south location. Have stayed downtown at Battery Park. The hotel and its facilities are first rate and accessible to mid-town. Stayed on in a park room on the 20th floor with club access. The shower was fantastic - high pressure, consistent temperature, roomy with Asprey shampoos- one of the best I have experienced! The club was very busy with many celebs . I heard this distinctive voice behind me during breakfast and it was the Ewing brothers (Bobby-Patrick Duffy and JR - Larry Hagman). Ran into Charlie Sheen and his bodyguard in the elevator. Staff from his show were everywhere. Club staff were very accommodating and helpful with broadway tickets, restaurant reservations, and access to 9/11 memorial.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the tree line in Central Park - at least 10th floor for better views and to avoid noise level from street. Windows actually do open.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank majortom53
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Top shelf location with incredible view from suite overlooking Central Park. Check in/check out were a breeze, the hotel staff were accomodating. Price was incredibly steep (not an exceptual value)

Only negative mark was the bartender in the bar at the hotel, older gentleman seemed like he has been there forever as was full of himself and aggitated.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple