“Fabulous!!!!”

Ranked #32 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Weston, Florida
“Fabulous!!!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is by far the best hotel in nyc! Have stayed there 2 times this year and love it! Staff is fabulous service is fabulous ! Can't wait to go back! Great location .. I have stayed at other hotels in the city and this has been the best! My children loved it as well! Location is great too!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! On all floors .
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liana B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed for three nights whilst attending concerts at Carnegie Hall and opera at the Met.

Firstly, the hotel location is great, especially for the purpose of my trip. Everything I needed was within walking distance, although saying that I've walked from Central Park to Battery and back before!

The check-in was very functional, not warm and certainly not welcoming. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member I expected better (and have received much better at other Ritz-Carlton hotels), especially when paying over $1000 per night. Unfortunately, check-out wasn't much better - I wasn't even asked if I had enjoyed my stay! Overall, I did not find the staff at all helpful or friendly, and certainly not up to level of service I have found elsewhere in New York. Reading other reviews, maybe I just experienced the staff on a bad weekend.

The room was lovely, looking right down Central Park, well furnished, clean and quiet, although the mattress was too soft for my liking - one night I actually slept in one of the chairs as I found it more comfortable. However, for over $1000 per night, the room (not a suite) was small, although I was almost certainly paying more because of the view. I don't normally use minibars in hotel rooms, but the Ritz-Carlton branded candies and snacks looked too good not to try and they certainly lived up to expectations.

I only had breakfast in the hotel once and didn't think it to be very special and overpriced for what I ordered. The other mornings, I just went out and found a lovely little coffee shop nearby.

This probably one of those hotels you have to stay at once, and for me once was certainly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Forthill81
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We sat in the lounge for a few cocktails and some snacks. We had meatballs, hummus, and caviar. The food and service was outstanding. We told them it was my birthday and they surprised me weith hot molten chocolate cake, ice cream and a song!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Just spent 2 nights and 3 days here 12.20 - 12.22. The staff are all truly spectacular. The property is perfectly located across from Central Park. We had a beautiful suite overlooking the park on the 16th floor. Club Lounge Access is well worth the additional charge. We used the lounge throughout the day for a break from walking and the hustle and bustle of the city. Truly 5 star from start to finish. You definitely get what you pay for here!!

Room Tip: High Floor facing Central Park !!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2013

While in NYC this past weekend my travel companions (4 of us) stopped into the Ritz for a drink to warm up after frolicking in the Central Park snow. To our dissatisfaction we waiting 10 minutes at the bar without even being looked at. Once we finally order our drinks (3 hot chocolates' with Baileys & 1 Irish Coffee) we were told it would just be a few minutes. We asked for a few waters in the meantime & that never came. 45 minutes later & 3 different managers assuring us our drinks would take just a few moments longer and having to ask 5 times for a glass of water we received cold hot chocolate, half a glass of water and barely an apology. I am never one to complain as I was in the service industry my entire teen/early twenties life & get crass customers, but this was not the case. Trying to be friendly as it was Christmas time we asked for the bill so we could get on our merry way. We got the bill and as I am a Platinum Marriott rewards member I picked up the tab with my Marriott credit card. $80 for cold hot chocolate & a mediocre Irish coffee. Nothing was comped and there was not even an apology. We did not stay here, nor would I ever, but I can honestly say I was less than impressed with the hospitality.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Devon K
South Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Delightful rooms, excellent service and much pampering. The location was perfect for a weekend in Manhattan. The staff was excellent and took great care of two women alone in the city. I highly suggest a few nights here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The suite has a touch of class while still being modern. The room looks over Central Park which is an amazing view any time of year, from the plush greens in the summer to the changing colors of the trees in the fall you can not go wrong, There is even a room for staff/security with a small kitchen area, but kept private from the rest of the room.
The lobby has remained with the traditional look but with upgraded furniture, Staff was very friendly. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel with a cozy fireplace to keep you warm in the winter but there are plenty of bars and restaurants around if that did meet your needs.
The other rooms were a good size, when last seen, they needed some upgrading on furniture, i am sure has been completed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business