“Doesn't get any better than The Ritz-Carlton and Central Park”

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Ranked #35 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Orlando, Florida
“Doesn't get any better than The Ritz-Carlton and Central Park”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Weekend getaway with hubby. Great location. We took full advantage of being right across the street from Central Park for our morning excersice - amazing sights! Service was right on par with The Ritz-Carlton. Housekeeper was so sweet and attentive! Definitely look forward to returning, maybe we'll bring the kids next time :)

Room Tip: Park view is the way to go! Pay the higher rate...it is worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at multiple Ritz Carlton properties and the Ritz Carlton Central Park did not disappoint. My wife and I came down from CT for a last minute city getaway. We arrived at the hotel later in the evening and were warmly greeted. With the hotel being quite full, I did not receive my typical upgrade. But, the front desk attendant, Denise was extremely helpful in finding us the best possible option for the room type that I booked. We enjoyed well made cocktails in the lounge, while waiting for our room to be inspected. The prices are what you would expect for NYC and the Ritz Carlton.

Denise personally showed us to our room and offered to bring anything else that we needed. We elected to have complimentary coffee service for the morning (no coffee maker in room, unless requested) and it was delivered shortly thereafter. The room is large, by NYC standards and extremely well appointed. I was particularly pleased with the very spacious bathroom. The bed and pillows were absolutely heavenly.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. Overlooking Central Park and within walking distance to several areas of Manhattan. The concierge helped us with last minute dinner reservations and we ended up at Porter House. The meal was very nice and the service was impeccable. But, the restaurant lacks ambiance for the price that you pay. Had I realized that it was inside the mall, I would have made a different choice.

The morning of our departure, we didn't have much time for walking and waiting in line somewhere. So, we enjoyed the coffee service in room and headed down to Auden for breakfast. Service was fantastic from the moment we were greeted till the moment we payed the bill. The meal (once again priced like a Ritz Carlton in NYC) was wonderful. We split an omelet and the pancakes and loved both.

There may very well be less expensive options that provide a better "bang for the buck" experience. But, I have nothing but praise for this property, its location, and its staff. We'll surely return!

Room Tip: If you've booked a Deluxe King room type without a view, ask to be in one of the "16 series...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RL3378
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

As a frequent guest of the Ritz for business and personal travel we have to say don't stay here. This is so far beneath Ritz standards you will be very disappointed. We had our family traveling with us and needed two rooms. The check in process was awful and our guarantee of rooms being at least on the same floor did not happen. We had certificates for one room which really threw them. Our turn down service either never happened or was happening at 11 pm. Our request to make up the sofa bed by 8 pm never happened without us calling. The Spa service is the priciest I have ever seen and the faculties are tiny. Unless you have two hours to spare DO NOT eat breakfast here. We asked for car service and were told the rates were 300 an hour with a minimum of two hours for an SUV. Here is a tip use Uber...while the location is great the hotel feels tired and dated. Lots of better options at and below this price point. If you have to use Ritz use Battery Park option they are fantastic and make this place feel like a goat ranch. Insult to injury 30 minutes to check out because they had the billing all wrong with mystery charges.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank DanDebHoward
Erden K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Howard,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my deepest apology as the image of our hotel was not up to your expectation. I regret that you and your family left with a completely negative impression and please know that regaining your trust and faith in our hotel is very important to us. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. If you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (212) 521- 6033. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erden Kendigelen
Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is my fourth stay across six years.

We were married in the hotel 2 years ago and returned this June to the very same suite overlooking Central Park. Greeting us on arrival was a complimentary bottle of Tattinger champagne and a wonderful chocolate basket assortment with hand-piped anniversary wishes.

The location on Central Park South remains the perfect base between uptown Metropolitan Museum, Frick Collection and Guggenheim Museum, the delights of midtown 5th and 6th Avenues, and downtown Times Square, Meat Packing District and eventually SoHo.i

A room with a view over Central Park is, simply, worth it.

Front Desk, Concierge personnel, door staff throughout called me by name across the whole week. The various Concierges were wonderfully engaging and helpful to boot, clearly proud of their role. Service throughout the hotel was excellent at all but one low touch point and that hiccup was dealt with quickly and appropriately. Lazar in the Club Lounge should be elected a national treasure.

If New York calls, try to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 11th floor and higher are the best for overlooking Central Park. Consider adding Clu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent a long weekend here for a birthday celebration and could not have been more please. AMEX Platinum package withe the late check out made the last day a veryrelaxing one. We stayed on the lClb Level, and the experience could not have been more satisfying. Wonderful food and drink, but most of all, incredible personal serive from the staff in the Lounge. After the first day they realized our preferences and met our every need. The quality of the food was wonderful--a few more choices would have been nice--but it was first rate.

Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: It is worth the splurge to get a room on the Park and the Club Level is definitely worth it. There...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have no idea what has taken me so long to write a review of this hotel, but better late than never! I've stayed at this hotel probably 20 times over the past 7 years and I can say this is THE best city hotel ever. I'm comparing this hotel to not only every other 5 star hotel in NYC, but many throughout the world.

Everyone from the front desk staff to the concierge to the amazing doormen (and Ender!) make this hotel what it is. Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is beautiful and done in top-notch style, but for me the service is always more important than the hotel. Every time I come here the staff remembers me and makes me feel welcome and at home.

I recently came on Father's Day with my 2 year old daughter and it was the most memorable weekend I've spent with her yet. She was OBSESSED with the horses and the staff treated her so fantastic. From the present on check in to the special chocolate milk at lunch to the feeding of the horses and then the cookies and balloons in the room. She had a smile on her face throughout the entire weekend, and I have the hotel to thank for making this trip so extra special.

That weekend with my daughter reinforced why it's worth it to spend the extra money on such a fabulous hotel...when your children are treated better than you are it's priceless!

Thank you RC CPS for all the years of amazing stays and for all the future ones to come!!

Stayed June 2014
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The only drawback for our family(6 years old son) was that there is no pool. Otherwise, we loved the hotel and especially the club level. The food,beverages and service on the club level completely made our stay worth the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family