“An amazing honeymoon.”

Ranked #35 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London
“An amazing honeymoon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2010

We visited New York for our honeymoon last year and decided to stay at the Ritz Carlton due to the occasion. The service we received was excellent, when we arrived the reception knew our names before we said a word. We were then taken to our room which was overlooking central park with a magnificent view. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and tasteful. I also don't think I have slept in a more comfortable bed. That evening we received complementary chocolate covered strawberries that were made of milk and white chocolate and looked like wedding suits, they were drizzled with chocolate spelling the words congratulations. These were complemented by fresh rose petals. The rest of our four night stay was just as good. The food and drinks at the bar were well presented and tasted great. The gentleman who worked behind the bar knows all the secrets of New York and is great for tips for restaurants and evenings out. The hotel itself is very well decorated and maintained to the highest standard. The location is great, just at the entrance of Central Park. You are within walking distance of times square and most attractions. We walked almost everywhere around new york as it was quicker than a cab most of the time. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel and wish to thank anyone from Ritz Carlton that reads these reviews.
Oh and New York is an amazing place.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmrc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Just got back from three nights at the Ritz. They had a special for this time of the year otherwise it's beyond my normal price range. However, now I'm so spoiled it will be hard to stay anywhere else. I usually stay at the Marriotts or the W, which are very nice and work fine, but the Ritz's service and luxury really makes you feel special. I also stayed there because I was able to bring my two dogs. It's really hard to find dog-walking areas in NYC that have grass (my dogs are used to the country) and Central Park is THEE place to walk your dogs. We were able to get a double upgrade to a high floor Central Park view which was amazing. The staff is really attentive and all call you by name. I have to extend particular kudos to Jenny who booked our room, Ender who is a guest relations person, and the bell hop/doormen staff. They were very attentive and helpful and had to open the doors for the dogs many times! The room itself is so beautiful and comfortable. I do wish the Ritz's had ice machines though....while they would be most friendly about delivering it, I find I don't want to call each time I need ice, but I believe this is standard for Ritz's and I understand why. I also LOVED this area of NYC.....it's not commercialized like Times Square and you feel a part of the "neighborhood", yet it's still so convenient to getting places. If you ever have the chance to stay at the Ritz, do so. I was wondering if I should spend the extra money, and while I won't do so every time I visit NYC, it's really something you need to experience. It would be my choice for a special event for sure! And like I said, I feel spoiled now....everything else will likely pale in comparison.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank BB4th
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

We just returned home from the Ritz Central Park. We decided to surprise our eldest daughter for her 10th bday with a girls weekend in NYC. I decided on the Ritz quite easily as we stay at many of their locations throughout the caribbean and are never dissapointed. This trip just added to the surperior quality of the Ritz chain of hotels. I called down to guest relations on the day before we left to tell them about the bday we were celebrating-I knew I didnt have to request anything in particular-I knew it would be taken care of. Check in was easy and we were led to our beautiful city view suite by Shannon from guest relations who had the most lovely disposition. Since we were there on a shopping mission, we left our bags and hit the streets! We returned late afternoon to drop parcels and when we walked into our suite, there was a lovely table set up with an exquisite cake, a personlized card for my daughter, candles and matches-perfect touch. We enjoyed a late afternoon snack in the Club Lounge and prepared for our show that evening.
The doorman arranged a driver to take us over to the theatre (all the doormen always have a smile and welcome for you)and we enjoyed the evening out. Upon arrival back to the hotel, we opened the door to the suite, lights were low and the music from the show was playing on the stereo. A sweet letter addressed to the family beside the CD case stated that this was a small momento to remember the bday celebrations and our special trip to NY. What an amazing way to end an amazing day. We travel 7-10 times a year and are always sure of the surperior service we will receive when booking a Ritz-the Central Park location blew us away! From the staff, the suites, the Club Lounge to the housekeeping, every detail is always taken care of. Ask and you shall receive at the Ritz. I am already checkng dates when we can return with all 3 of our daughters to enjoy more time in NYC and of course this phenominal hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

This hotel is consistently great! Never let us down. Security is tight - which makes the whole stay enjoyable. Furnishings are in great shape - bathroom clean - would recommend over and over again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Wickham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

Fantastic classy hotel, great staff & service. Warm & friendly. Interesting bar , Norman & Eric will look after you

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GakrenMAD
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2009

This is a lovely hotel located in the heart of New York. We recently stayed here for five nights. We enjoyed a great view of Central Park on an upper floor. The room was very large and comfortable - everything you would expect for the premium price paid (there's nothing complimentary in this hotel - you pay top dollar for everything). I couldn't fault any aspect of the room.

The concierge service was truly amazing - they were lucky enough to find us last minute tables at some popular nearby restaurants. One of the best concierge services ever... truly professional with all the right contacts.

The popular lobby and bar area was difficult to get a table in and we had to wait each time, if we could be bothered. You were made to feel as though you had walked in from the street.

Despite its premier location, this hotel lacked that special charm I have experienced in other hotels, including in New York. Some service aspects were far too mechanical and robot like.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClassyLad
Gotha, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

I was on business but quickly recognized that this hotel is the place to stay in NYC for any reason. Great service on the Club Level and in the lobby. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business