The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$224
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
1,635 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral parkstar loungepark viewnew yorkguest relationsfour seasonsroom servicebeautiful hotelconcierge staffbeautiful rooma wonderful stayluxury hotelcolumbus circlebattery parkthe entire staffturn down service
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Let’s get this out of the way first: This is a luxury hotel with luxury prices. I’m not a frequent guest in such places, but made the decision that I wanted this experience and have no regrets. If you’re concerned enough with price to let it ruin your trip, don’t stay here.

We (anniversary trip with my wife) were delivered by car service to the hotel on a Saturday afternoon around 1330. The staff greeted us by name when we stepped onto the street and continued to do so during our entire stay. We never once touched our luggage; rather, it was taken to the room and laid out for us.

The desk staff greeted us warmly and genuinely and was apologetic that our room was not ready (even though we were still ninety minutes early for check-in). My wife had a spa appointment and went ahead to her appointment (keep reading for more on that). I went to the small but very well appointed hotel bar and had a drink.

Twenty minutes later our room was ready and the bartender prepared a second drink for me to take up to the room—sending me on my way with a martini glass, shaker full of a house drink, and a cup of nuts. I received excellent service in the lounge and it was a seamless experience between bar and hotel service.

We were on the 22nd floor with a park view, and it was as beautiful as I had hoped. Words won’t do it justice, see the photos. Marble bathroom, LCD TV, Bose sound, telescope, etc. His and hers bathrobes and sandals. Box for a shoe shine. Turn-down service. Impeccably clean and polished. Great mini bar.

My wife spent just under three hours in the spa for a mani/pedi. It was impressively personal and small (that’s a compliment) and has a well decorated locker room. There were seven lockers—use that to approximate the size of the spa. Get there at least a half hour before your appointment to use the amenities, including a personal steam room and many, many samples.

We’d scheduled an “art of the bath” service, but found that our bathtub in the room would not accommodate us both. I’m 6’3”/250 and would have fit alone, so it wasn’t small, just too small for me and another person. The shower was very roomy and clean. Separate water closet.

The location is superb and the door staff will have a ride ready for you in moments. For one trip they sent us in the hotel’s car, gratis. For other trips we had a car service or taxi, and the door staff knows to expect you and who you are.

We checked our bags at checkout and came back for them in late afternoon. At the desk we were given a couple bottles of water for our day and they offered to print our airline boarding passes as they knew we were flying out.

Miscellaneous thoughts:

You can walk to Times Square and Broadway (we saw West Side Story) in about ten-fifteen minutes.
Fifth Avenue is around the corner.
Subway station nearby, at least according to the maps I saw. \
Allow at least half an hour from La Guardia. In traffic, an hour minimum.

The hotel is very kid friendly.

Don’t be intimidated by the name or location—people were coming and going in everything from jeans and t-shirt to suit and cocktail dress. The staff will make you feel very, very comfortable.

Try the spa. Get there early and enjoy it.

It’s a great relief to be so warmly welcomed and appreciated away from home, and they certainly make you feel both. I was a bit sad to leave the experience and head back to the office.

Stay on a high floor and get a park view. There’s nothing like it.

Again: It’s expensive. If you will worry about the cost, don’t stay here and let it ruin your experience. If you want to spend the money, you will be very, very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RachelandDonny
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stayed here for a romantic weekend recently and loved it. It really is the perfect place to stay in NY. We had a fabulous room, with a view over the park. The service was outstanding, nothing seemed too much trouble. I can only say, if you're going to New York - stay here!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardCreese
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Just a beautiful hotel. Very good food, tea and bar. The service is outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Stayed here for a weekend while wedding dress shopping & it was amazing! The breakfast in the AM is perfect as well as the spa!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank tarabunny89
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I was whisked to NYC out of the blue by my then boyfriend who proposed in Central Park once we arrived. After a hairy taxi ride, and an overnight flight, it was amazing to get to the hotel and be so well looked after...
My fiance had booked through expedia, and the package included a suite and club lounge access - and the price paid ended up amazingly good value - the club lounge meant unlimited drinks, snacks, breakfast, lunch, canape's and even late night desserts- (although book within the package as if you add once you get there it's really really pricey!). The bed was literally incredible, and even with jet lag I was out for the count as soon as my head hit the pillow. so so comfortable!
It's just around the corner from 5th avenue and nice to have a view of the park. ALthough I may be a little biased thanks to getting engaged, this hotel is up there with the best of them and with our expedia price it was so worth it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple