“Just perfect”

Moscow, Russia
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Hotel was just perfect
Location is great just in the heart of the city
Like:
- Bath supplies
- Room interior and service (doesn't notice it but everything was perfect)
Don't like:
- Internet is not free (for this price, they could include it into price of the room)
- No breakfast, so we went in the city center to find something

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
chicago
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We've been to NYC several times - stayed at most of the top hotels and this is by far my favorite. The location is perfect, service is perfect, rooms and baths are spacious and have those special details that make your stay enjoyable.

Every morning we would sit on the window ledges, drink our coffee and look at the amazing views of central park. I could have stayed for weeks!! Felt like home.

The bar is quaint and Norman (bartender) is GREAT!

My only advice is to get a room with a view of the park - and try to get on an upper floor. At least above 6. Enjoy - you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank demoola
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The Ritz Carlton Central Park raises the bar to a whole different level. I believe what sets them apart from every other hotel is their outstanding staff. The service is unparalleled. The rooms/suite are large, roomy, and very comfortable. The location can't be beat. Right outside your door is Central Park. What a beautiful sight to walk out to every day. It is also close to all of the museums and shopping. We were there for over 2 weeks and every single person from every doorman, waiter, housekeeping staff, concierge, etc. was top notch every day. There is nothing these guys won't do to make your day better and nicer. I caught a cold while I was there. Unsolicited, I was brought coughdrops, hot toddies, warm tea, you name it. Particular stand outs... tamara in the star lounge is awesome, Hasan, Zach, Ryan, Bernhard, Johnnie, Matt.. I could go on. They truly make you feel like family. They will spoil you and you will never want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa2389
München
Reviewed 3 August 2010

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in New York has been one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in.

The reason for that was caused by an amazing service. One night we rented a dvd and the concierge was so nice to ask, if we would like to have some popcorn for free. A few minutes later he knocked at our door with a microwave and tons of popcorn for us. It did not cost us a thing and made the night even more perfect.

The rooms are very clean and nice with big comfortable beds. The bathroom is pretty big as well and offers a lot of room for your cosmetical stuff.

The location is perfect, because it is right next to Central Park and only a few minutes to walk away from for example the Apple Store in Central New York.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Feger3-1
Michigan
Reviewed 26 July 2010

What a treat. We go to NYC about 3 times a year and have stayed at other properties in NYC including FS and others. This was a special find. The satff was more than friendly and the upkeep and updated facilites were more than we expected.
The location is great and the staff is always trying to please. The only hiuccup was housekeeping and the tuendown service was lacking or lazy. The heard of housekeeping called me at home the next week and my complaint was noted and he was thankful for the feedback.
Give this place a try, you wont be disapointed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sparty1979
Boston, MA
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I stayed here with my best girlfriend from childhood. I had requested separate beds and we we accomodated. The room was large and well furnished. The bathroom was also very large, clean and marble. Everything was very clean as well. The service was excellent and the staff extremely friendly. Since I had paid for the cheapest price room the view was just so-so but not horrible. We were on the consierge level so breakfast was included and was held in a nice big room overlooking the park. There was a wide choice of breakfast foods. I did not check this room at other times of the day but I think there were different things in the afternoon, for instance. We did see a couple of well known actors so this must be one of their favorites. We had massages and the only negative in this hotel is the spa could be a bit larger. I would stay here again just for the staff.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Openstudio
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I was able to stay at this beautiful place for 2 nights. My brother was having his wedding at the Tavern on the Green and so this was the hotel my family stayed at for the wedding weekend. The first night I stayed in the suite with all of the bridesmades, and my sister in law. She payed a bundle for this suite, and they were a bit unaccomodating that night. we needed cots brought in since there were about 13 of us, and the hotel had said they would be able to do this before check in. Once we got into the suite and got settled, we called for extra bedding and they said we were above the number of people allowed in the room and would have to pay full price for another room for the over flow of people. I feel they should have been a bit more accomodating or at least let us know this before booking. However, the concierge was very attentive and there was a constant flow of champaigne and fruit. The club access was amazing!!!!!! We also ate dinner at the BLT restaurant that is inside the Ritz and the food was amazing!! I would love to go back for a special occassion bc the prices are extremely expensive. In a way, I am spoiled bc now every hotel I am in I am wishing I was in a Ritz. The bathrooms to me are the BEST part. There is no comparison!!! Everything from floor to ceiling is marble and granite and pure luxury. The jetted tubs are amazing, and the glass showers are so nice. I do not think I would ever want to leave the room again if I was able to stay at the Ritz. I am hoping to book it at another location since I think NYC, especially the one in central park I believe is one of the most expensive.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple