City Club Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Iroquois New York(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Sofitel New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel St. James(New York City)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
AKA Times Square(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
All reviewspetite roomday beddb bistro moderneduplex suitetimes squarenew yorkthe red flame dinersmall hotelwarm cookiesbryant parklarge bathroomevery eveningtwo blocksmini bargreat boutiquemidtown locationan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was just perfect, a haven away from the bustle of NYC and yet right in the heart of things, brilliant location. The room was ultra modern and clean, the bed was the comfiest I've ever slept on! The staff were very welcoming and friendly. We stayed here for 5 nights and were very sorry to leave. The cookies they deliver to your room at around 6pm are such a nice touch, we were rarely there to recieve them but they were left on our bed for us to come back to. There was no view from our room but this really was not a problem, we were out sightseeing all day and just needed a comfortable place to relax. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spent a night here over Labor Day weekend. 4 of us shared the "family suite" on the 5th floor which privatizes 2 rooms. Very clean and modern. One room had a queen and day bed along with a huge bathroom that included a bidet and an enormous shower. The other room had a king and a day bed and another huge bathroom with a large shower/tub combo. The room didn't have any view to speak of, but that was a nice help in the morning when the rooms stayed dark for sleeping in after a late night out. We were able to park right across the street in the Hippodrome garage which was one of the nicest and cleanest parking garages I've ever scene. I've never driven into or parked in NYC before so I was worried about security of the car before I went. My worries were put the rest when I saw a $300K Ferrari parked a few spots down. The overnight parking was only $35 with a hotel stamp... what a deal. 2 minute walk to Times Square, 15 minute cab ride to Battery Park, courteous staff. We'd go back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just arrived home after a long weekend getaway with my family and can't say enough about this little hotel. Location was prime (5 min walk to Times square, steps from 5th avenue and Broadway, 5 mins to Rockefeller Plaza. Traveling with 3 kids in general is never easy and I really wasn't expecting much from this NYC hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was big by New York standards (we had the Double, Double Luxe) and the day bed was perfect - big enough for a teen! Beds were very comfortable too.
Yes, the lobby was small and there isn't a place to "hang out" there but who needs that when the Big Apple is at your doorstep.
Staff was extremely friendly and even found us a really good deal on a car back to the airport. Highly recommend for families or couples alike.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

As far as location, price, cleanliness and service go, this is a very decent property. While there's nothing extraordinary about it, it fulfills all the major "tests" and works well as a locale for both the business and pleasure traveler. NYC obviously offers better, but you'd be hard-pressed to find it at this price. One note... the view of the back courtyard is very humorous in a "Manhattan-view" kind of way (pic attached). Ask for a 44th Street view to avoid this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JasonParis416
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I went last September and as I prepare to return to NY I thought I'd give this quirky hotel a review.
First off the location is fabulous, especially if you enjoy broadway. The hotel room was nice, view was lacking but tbh I would take the location over a view.
Wifi was spotty but at least complimentary. Food was good.

Impressed. Very boutiquey.

Room Tip: The mini bar is hidden behind art work on the wall. I didn't find it until 1 days before departure.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo