“Central location is the only pre for this hotel”
Review of City Club Hotel

City Club Hotel
Ranked #310 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arriving from the south were hospitality is in the genes, the first thing to happen in NYC is being ripped off by the taxi driver. The front desk was friendly and did their best to welcome us. We had booked a double room (as it was labeled on Hotels.com) The reception referred to it as a petite room, that was not very suited for two, but they were fully booked. But we could get a upgrade for 50 USD the next day. The room where tiny, there is no room to open your suitcases, you had to open them on the bed. The bed is small, i am 192cm and i had to sleep with my feats hanging out. And it was nearly impossible for two people to sleep side by side. This is a bit like false marketing in my point of view. The response from the front desk told me that this is a common thing, and it happens often. Since they where very fast in offering an paid upgrade. We stayed one night in the petite room, and then upgraded to larger room. The room we upgraded to was OK, but a bit worn. The room we had was on the 9.th floor, and there was a horrible noise from the ventilation system for the whole hotel. This hotel tries to be a upscale boutique hotel, and in some ways they are, in others there should be used more efforts to succeed. But there is one thing that can´t be beat, it is situated in the heart of Manhattan, only a few block from Times Square.

Room Tip: Close to everything, but small rooms and disturbing ventilation system
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ståle K
Lauren R, General Manager at City Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at City Club Hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. While our Petite room offers every amenity of our larger rooms, sometimes guests prefer a bigger room with more space. I'm glad that we were able to offer you a larger room for the remainder of your stay. We are committed to providing excellent service and continuous room updates and improvements are very important to us. Thank you for indicating that your room was in need of improvement.
I truly hope to welcome you back to City Club in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Really enjoyed my stay in this little hotel. Comfortable beds, luxurious linens, nice room, super location. Cookies in the room each evening, bath robes, lovely and helpful front desk staff, etc. Reminds me of a small Sofitel.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience at City Club Hotel! We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to NYC with my girlfriend and ended up staying at City Club and we were fairly impressed. Chose a luxury Room with 1 queen bed. Good location, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious. Got free Wi-Fi in the room so that was good. Other offers had us paying daily for that. Glad we worked that out. Stayed away from the elevator as mentioned in other reviews and noise was not an issue at all.

People at front desk were helpful. The daily cookies were a nice treat. Would have liked a little more storage space in the room for bags/clothes. The closet is tucked into the wall and is very narrow. The safe and minibar are both located inside. Made it work, but a little more space would have been nice. I guess that comes if you upgrade the room, but didn't want o break the bank.

All in all, a comfortable room in a great location and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Seems like you can work out a deal to get wireless included in your room, but you have to work it ou...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing about your stay at City Club Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in several of the hotels on this block for business travel. The room was small, but they are all small. No lobby to speak of. This room was the most comfortable of the ones I have stayed in on this block. Quiet and the bed was comfortable. Everything in the room worked. There weren't many usable plug ins available to keep things charged up. The free wi-fi worked great for me while I was there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review about you stay at City Club Hotel. I'm glad you found our rooms comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I go back and forth to NYC on biz fairly often. On this trip, the prices were high in NYC for my week there and I wanted to make sure to get a better deal than what my usual hotels were charging so arrangements were made for this hotel. I didn't really investigate until the day before I left home and was a little worried about the reviews this place had received. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a fine size, I did ask for a room away from the elevators to ensure I didn't hear them running all night. That was no problem and I had a very quiet room. The windows did look out to a brick wall, but that was not an issue because I was just there to sleep. The room was clean, the staff were extremely accommodating and so very nice. The chocolate chip cookie was a nice treat. The bed a bit lumpy, but linens were high quality and overall was comfy. Location was perfect for me too.

Room Tip: do ask for a room away from the elevators. And, if you want any view, ask for a streetside room, but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on your stay at City Club Hotel! We are centrally located in Midtown and many guests find our location ideal for business travel. We are constantly working to improve our services and amenities, so thank you for letting us know about the mattress in your room. A pleasant nights' sleep is of paramount importance when staying with us!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

One of the good hotel that is very close to the Times Sq.
Great service,clean bathroom,spacious.
We stay here for a week and we love the daily compliment cookies.
The only matter for us was the rooms are not sound-proof at all. You can clearly hear people steps and their conversations. It makes your stay super uncomfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing about your stay at City Club Hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us and have noted your comments about the noise you experienced during your stay.
I hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

What a hidden gem! This hotel is sandwiched between two New York iconic hotels on west 44th street. The hotel location is perfect for businessmen due to its midtown location and outstanding for theatre goers thanks to its spot in the theatre district. We were there for the latter. No valet parking but the garage directly across the street is manned 24/7 and reasonably priced. When we checked in I had mistakenly chosen a room ("the petite room") with a full bed. The front desk kindly gave us a complimentary upgrade to queen without batting an eye. Now. This is a wonderful vintage building that has been re-vamped into a boutique hotel. While it's exterior is vintage New York, the interior is clean and modern favoring a more European design. With that in mind we found the rooms to be perfect for our purpose. It was on the smaller side but very well laid out with a fully stocked fridge and mini bar replete with snacks,sodas and plenty of alcohol for those who enjoy a pre-show cocktail or after dinner drink. The desk had plenty of room for working if one chooses to do so. Halls are a bit narrow much like small European hotels but very quiet despite the closeness to the street( we were on the second floor and heard NOTHING!) the bathroom was spacious and again well designed with marble and large walk-in shower. It had excellent water pressure and high end toiletries. One wall was floor to ceiling mirror and while it is frightening to be faced with full length images of me coming out of the shower, it is a classic design trick to make the space look larger and lighter. Successful on both counts. Staff was friendly, helpful and at the same time unobtrusive. A perfect combination in my opinion. Lovely to find two fresh chocolate chip cookies on our bed upon our return from the theatre. Speaking of the bed, the queen size bed was comfortably appointed with crisp sheets and duvet and plenty of pillows. The room was spotless.
We were 1 block or so from Times Square and 2 from the theatre. A fun after-dinner treat was stopping for dessert at Sardi's! Known best for its collection of caricatures of the rich and famous. Restaurants abound in every price range. We did not try the bistro associated with the hotel but will save that for next time..... And there will be a next time!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BluePacDog

Thank you for posting about your stay at City Club Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!