“Worst show ever”

Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Seen a lot of Broadway shows and this by far was the worse. Very disappointment being a big edge and bono fan that they would be involved in a production like this. Music lyrics signing and acting were terrible. Sorry to say so since I know how hard these actors work but thankfully it's closing and no one else will waste their money

2  Thank mcdup2012

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We enjoyed the show. Felt like we needed to see it as it's coming to a close. And, because of the complex production, it probably wouldn't be traveling anytime soon. The aerial production was pretty cool to have Spider-man flying all over the theatre. And the closing scene was pretty amazing as well. I was expecting more from the music. Was less than impress with the caliber of the musical performances. Nice theatre. We sat in orchestra seats but any seat in the house would be good. Spider-man has perches on Mezzanine level 1 and 2 as well to fly off of so you'll see him up close there as well.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

It was entertaining. Great for kids. I bought my tickets at the TKTS Booth in Brooklyn. So I did not have to pay full price and had good seats. But do not sit under the mezzanine.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This production, I'm sorry to say, was a bit of a joke. Our party involved people in their 20's and up, yet it was clearly geared toward kids below the age of 6.

The opening scene was stunning, and we thought "wow, this is going to be an amazing production", then it jumped off a steep cliff into kitsch-town and never looked back. Sure, there were scenes that elevated (no pun intended) the show slightly (Spiderman and the Green Goblin flying around the theatre into the audience, the acrobatics, and some of the staging concepts), but overall we just sat there laughing at the campy characters and bizarre storyline. For comic book fans, they changed a few things (forget the existence of Harry Osborne, he's no longer in the picture; and at one point Doctor Connors was a half-man-half-dinossaur creature, where the latter was protruding from the front and back of the former's upper torso). Very strange...

Oh, and forget taking a photo of your party in the theatre before or after the show as a memento of the experience, they don't allow it. Glad we didn't purchase souvenirs before the show!

2  Thank citydwlr
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was by far the worst performance I've seen. The plot was all over the place and the singing wasn't good (and seemed forced at times since there was SOO much of it). My husband actually fell asleep because the show had zero entertainment. Maybe children would enjoy it but it's definitely not for adults.

1  Thank AV22