TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Manhattan Broadway Hotel(New York City)
4,080 results
All reviewsfamily roompenn stationpremium roombunk bedspolice station next doortimes squarenew yorkmadison square gardenquiet streetempire state buildingcoffee machinemodern hotellarge roommini fridgearound the cornerfew blockslocation was perfect
FilterAll languages

Review collected in partnership with Tryp Hotels
Ben E, Manager at TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked it the night before I stayed there. I was having my birthday party at a lounge in Times Square and I was looking for a hotel close by to stay at that night. I got the to hotel around 11:30am and I was happy to hear that my room was ready. I went upstairs and I was happy to walk into a very nicely decorated modern room. The bed was comfy. The shower was nice and spacious. I found a nice note on the mirror welcoming me to the hotel and inviting me to check out the bar/restaurant downstairs. The breakfast buffet has a good selection and the staff is very friendly. The two women working at the the breakfast buffet were extremely nice and chatted with me as I ate my breakfast. I would definitely stay at this place again. It is close to Times Square and to the A/C train.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Very nice! Thank you so much for your really excellent comments and great review of our hotel! It makes us really proud that you were able to have such wonderful stay, and that our staff provided you with rock star service. We hope to see you again soon at the TRYP Times Square South Hotel!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very nice hotel; very quiet and the staff was very helpful - room size nice for NYC - beds comfortable - we booked thru Jetsetters and everything was easy! Will stay again - we had 2 rooms for family visit and each was great!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Short, sweet, and wonderful! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully for a longer stay! Take care!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent facilities and perfect service!! Located close to the best spots with a metro station at the corner,

Review collected in partnership with Tryp Hotels

We are very happy that our excellent staff was able to provide such great service during your stay! It also sounds like you took full advantage of our prime location and had a lovely time in New York City. We hope that you will come back and visit us again at the beautiful TRYP Times Square South Hotel!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just spent a very enjoyable two nights here. We got a great price of $175 a night (searching on Trivago). Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a very convenient area and yet not right in the craziness of Times Square. It was just a few short blocks (maybe a 5 - 7 minute walk) from the 34th St/Penn station stop.

The lobby has a bit of a funky look decoration-wise, but it wasn't really too faux-hipster -- a bit loud but a nice vibe for a happy hour drink (from 4 - 7 PM house wine is $5 for a very generous pour, and draft beers [except Guinness] were $5 as well). The in-house restaurant serves dinner and breakfast, but we didn't try either.

There are 3 computers for use in the lobby and also a library area where one can borrow a book. Free WiFi in the lobby and in all the guest rooms.

The whole hotel was super-clean. We had a standard king bed room (there are also family rooms which have fold-down bunk beds) that was absolutely huge for NYC standards. There was plenty of storage, a Keurig coffee machine, iPod dock, plenty of electrical outlets to plug things in (often a problem in hotel rooms), a few books on the shelves in case one needs something to read for a few minutes before bed, a large desk area, iron and ironing board (though it was one of those annoyingly hard-to-use small boards), and good lighting. The bathroom was small but well-appointed. Our window looked out onto a brick wall, but that was fine for us -- totally kept out any traffic noise.

We would definitely stay here again with another great price break like the one we got and would absolutely recommend checking out this well-done Wyndham hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

What an outstanding review! We loved having you as our guest, and all of us had a great time making sure your experience was the very best. Your comments really make all of us here at the TRYP Times Square South glow with pride! Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!