We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend. The stay was pleasant with some hiccups
1. good location - 2 blocks from Penn Station and Penn station metro stop is in the same block
2. helpful staff - All the staff members were pleasant and try to help us
3. good room - we stayed on the 5th floor. The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable
1. Fan: the fan was next to the bed and every time it starts, it woke us up. I asked if there is any way to keep the fan on but the staff said the feature was disabled intentionally. I am not sure why they did. Only way to minimize the disturbance by the fan was keeping the room very cold like 65 so that the A/C cannot keep up with the temperature setting.
2. Paper thin wall: the room we stayed had a connection to the room next and we were able to hear every single thing. Unluckily we had to bear the children's screaming until 1 AM.
1. Initially we got placed in the first floor with a complimentary upgrade. The room in the first floor is bigger than the other rooms but it is very dark and slightly damp.
2. Our friend got 1501 - the top floor with a balcony which provided a great view. I would stay in 1501 next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your TRYP New York City Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City