TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Manhattan Broadway Hotel(New York City)
4,081 results
All reviewsfamily roompenn stationpremium roombunk bedspolice station next doortimes squarenew yorkmadison square gardenquiet streetempire state buildingcoffee machinemodern hotellarge roommini fridgearound the cornerfew blockslocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stated in a NY hotel before, even though we're from there. But the 5 star that we stayed in last year didn't compare to the Tryp. Didn't even come close. From the moment I walked in I felt like I mattered. John, one of the housemen, greeted me even before I stepped into the hotel. Christina (Front Desk) made my check in process as simple and as friendly as can be. She even helped arrange a surprise for my wife in the room while my wife and I went out to dinner to a restaurant that was recommended by their concierge, Alfonso. Thanks Alfonso!!! The night staff, Shayla and Genaro were awesome in executing the flower arrangements in the room before we got back from dinner. All in all, WHEN my wife and I decided to leave the burbs for a small weekend in the city, were staying at the Tryp. I'd recommend this hotel to everyone that asks. Truly a cut above the rest.

Stayed: August 2014
Ben E, Manager at TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to write such a positive review. I especially appreciate the kind review of so many members of our team. It is always wonderful to hear when the staff does a wonderful job. I look forward to sharing your comments with them as they will be ecstatic. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Had great time with the kids. We had a family room which has a king bed and bunk beds. There were 2 tv's which the kids love. The staff was really awesome and attentive. Lots of restaurants in the area. I would definitely stay here again it's also close to a lot if nyc attractions

Stayed: August 2014

Short, sweet, and wonderful! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully for a longer stay! Take care!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at the TRYP in early August with another couple. Arrived mid afternoon and only one of the rooms were ready. Told that it would only be a few minutes but waited nearly 30, wasn't a big deal as we had a beer in the bar.

Each couple were on different floors and we realised that the rooms were substantially different in size. One was tiny, no room for the 3 suitcases and the en-suite was very small. So small that the couple staying in this room would have checked out rather than stay.

The other room was excellent in size. Turned out that due to delay in getting room ready, one of us had been upgraded to a larger room, a few kind words with Reception and both couples ended up in the larger room. If you are traveling around the US and have cases with you, the smaller room will be uncomfortable. If its just one bag, it will be fine.

All the staff were brilliant.

We had breakfast once in the hotel and it was only okay. There are better and cheaper places in walking distance. Each afternoon the lobby bar happy hour was a good way to unwind after a days site seeing.

The location is excellent, we walked a lot and found it to be very safe day and night. You are close to so many of the tourist attractions which can save dollars on taxi rides.

There is a Cop shop a few doors away with cars coming/going all night but you don't hear them from the hotel.

There are some great restaurants on 9th Avenue and we found a really good diner for breakfast on W34th called Skylight Diner. Great breaky at a really reasonable price.

If I was staying In Manhattan again, this would be my place of choice but I would have to make sure that I go the larger room.

Room Tip: Check you room size if you are traveling with luggage
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teddep

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of TRYP Times Square South. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find our property to be "beyond compare". I have shared your kind remarks with the staff in recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the TRYP Times Square South in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We spent 4 nights at this hotel. It was a girl's trip birthday celebration. Christina at the front desk went over and above to get us a room that was perfect. Thank you for the wine and fruit waiting for us on our arrival!! The only problem was our booking documentation said the beds were Queens, they seemed more like full size?? The hotel brought a comfortable roll-away bed to use. We liked having two bathrooms with plenty of drawer and closet space. The Keurig coffee maker was a nice plus as well. Every staff member was pleasant as well. Thank you for a perfect stay!!

Room Tip: Room 1101 had plenty of space,drawers, closets, 2 bathrooms and desk
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team. Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to TRYP Times Square South.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tryp Hotels
Ben E, Manager at TRYP HOTEL NYC - Times Square South by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014