4,329 results
All reviews family room penn station premium room bunk beds police station next door times square new york madison square garden quiet street empire state building coffee machine great shower modern hotel the high line large room lobby bar around the corner
Reviewed 20 January 2018

The hotel was nothing special. Location was fine, but 35th Street is an absolute roadblock given there is a police station right next to the hotel. The heating/cooling system was very loud. Only one ice machine and it was in the fitness center. The best part was that I was there for business and the client was able to hold all meetings within the hotel in the conference rooms offered. Subway station close by. Plenty of bars/restaurants in the area. Happy hour at the hotel bar was a nice add-on. Didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so cannot comment on the quality of the food.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roberto G, Manager at TRYP HOTEL NYC- Times Square South by Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Sylvia, thank you for your comments about the TRYP Times Square South. We have beautiful meeting space at the hotel and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your business meetings with us. Happy Hour at the Gastro Pub is always a fun time!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Checked into my room & this is what I walked into. Really? & when I went back to the front desk, they checked me into a room that was half the size of my original room.

Pictures make the hotel look alot better than it is. All the light fixtures are crocked the beds are made differently.

Black mold in the corner of the showers..

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joseph N

Joseph, thank you for your review. I apologize for the miscommunication at the front desk. We had your entire room inspected for black mold and found no traces. I hope that despite this experience you were still able to enjoy your time in New York City

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We booked the room well in advance through agoda and it was on a deal so we got it cheap for the deluxe king room. Location is perfect, 10 mins walk to Times Square, 2 minutes walk to the nearest subway Penn Station entrance, about 15 mins walk to the Empire State Building and also close to Macy’s and major outlets at 34th Street. Room is PERFECTLY clean, spotless (well at least for the room we stayed in) the staffs were all very helpful and super friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby as well. It can be noisy at random times with the constructions going on next to the hotel and also sirens (close to police station) but this is ny, it’s loud for everything so enjoy it!

Room Tip: Request for as high floor as you can to avoid street noises at night when you’re trying to sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arfkh

arfkh, It is awesome to read reviews like this!! Thank you so much for your comments about your stay with us a the TRYP Times Square South. Our housekeeping staff is amazing and they are always happy when a guest mentions how clean the rooms are. It sounds as though you experienced New York City to its fullest!!! We hope the next time you are in the area you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We had booked the family suite since we were 5 of us and celebrating my friend's birthday. When we reached the hotel, they had changed our reservation without letting us know. We were put in a fitness room converted into a bedroom with 2 beds and a sofa bed. The lights in one part of the room were not working. There were dirty socks in the bathroom. When we complained to the front desk, they could care less about anything. We asked for the manager, left our contact information but never heard back. We called hotels.com to let them know and when they contacted the hotel they denied everything. Worst customer service ever. Not what you expect from a property owned by Wyndham.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank bepsy s

bepsy, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will be speaking with our Director of Operations about your reservation and will make sure someone contacts you. We take reviews like these very seriously and I will address the staff involved with your reservation. I hope that despite this negative experience you were still able to enjoy your friends birthday.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Firts time I've stayed at the Tryp - very convenient to walk from Penn Satation and to get to the Javis Conference Centre. Clean & nicely styed rooms with attentive staff. Good value for money. My only small negatives are that the wardrobe is very short, so you cannot hang trousers and the breakfast is limited, so next time I'll wander across to the Starlight Diner rather than take breakfast in the hotel.

Room Tip: Quieter for rooms not facing 35th street
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business