“Wine and Cheese!!!!!”
Review of Ardesia Wine Bar

Ardesia Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ardesia Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,362 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 10th & 11th Avenues
Transit: N, R, W at 49th Street E, C at 50th Street B, D at 7th Avenue/53rd St 1 at 50th Street
Reviewed 19 February 2013

On a night when all we wanted was some wine and cheese - we picked the best place. We had an open table reservation and sat immediately - although we sat at the bar so we could have the help of the bartenders. Both ladies helped us with the wine selection and cheese decisions. And let me say, all were amazing choices. They let us try the wine before going for the full glass - which really helped when you are choosing between 20 to 30 wines. Each glass and the small plates were reasonably priced.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

This is a chilled and laid back wine bar with tremendous wine and amazing tapas. The staff are friendly and hard-working. Highly recommended. The place is small, so there may be a wait!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

This is a great wine bar with great small plates. Service is excellent too. A little off the beaten path but worth the visit.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I work about two blocks from here and have been here twice, but I'm planning on going back as much as possible. Their wine and beer selection is very good, but the real reason to go here is the small plates. So far, I've tasted three different cheeses, their mixed olive platter, the shrimp and chorizo dish, the wild boar salami, and the pulled pork sliders, and everything has been excellent. The waiters are very nice and very cool, and they know what they're talking about as far as recommendations go. Word of advice: Go with friends, as you're going to want to taste as much as possible, and it can get a little pricey going alone. But if you are alone and in Hell's Kitchen, don't let that stop you from coming here. This restaurant definitely makes my top 5 favorite restaurants in the world and probably tops the list. Go here!

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My friend and I started our Sat. night here and it did not disappoint. Great wine, small plates, and ambiance. It's small, but comfortably cozy, and not too pretentious. Worth a second visit if I visit NYC again.