“Overpriced, small portions”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Chevy Chase Maryland
“Overpriced, small portions”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

High quality food, good service, small portions, exorbitant prices. The food court at Grand Central Station is a much better deal.

Visited November 2013

“Best breakfast”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I came to Cipriani by mistake. My girlfriend and I went to Central Station knowing nothing about this area of NY. We saw its great location and elegance and suddenly we were seated enjoyed a great meal. They have a daily menu that includes excellent ingredients, delicious bread and great coffee. all healthy and balanced it was by far best breakfast of my trip.
We got back 2 or 3 times and when i return to NYC will be an obvious stop

1 Thank Hmv1998
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“European-style sandwiches”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I work in the building and have to hold myself back from going here every day. I love the baguette sandwiches with cured meats and cheeses. They remind me of Paris and Milan. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it once in a while. My only question is, why oh why do you put sugar on an otherwise heavenly PLAIN croissant? Why, Cipriani, why????

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank itstuan
USA
“Charming little spot near Grand Central Station”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This was my first visit to Cipriani Le Specialita, and it was for breakfast.

This is a tiny place with only a few tables. There are two counters: one for food orders and one for bakery orders. Several nice items were offerred for breakfast . I had the oatmeal with berries and a cup of coffee. On a whim, I also ordered one little tiny round donut that tasted like a fried zeppole. The set up is a little confusing--I wasn't sure where to wait for my food. Turns out someone brought the oatmeal and coffee over to the register area (by the baked goods counter) and that's where I paid.

I can't comment on lunch or other breakfast items. My oatmeal was reasonably priced and out-of-this world delicious. It was sweetened , possibly with syrup (not sure), but it was very good and the berries were excellent. My coffee was delicious. My friend thought her coffee was too cold, and they immediately replaced her coffee with a much hotter brew. My little donut was tasty, too.

I think the only things that separate this spot from the chains such as Pax, Au Bon Pain, etc., are its charm, its small size, and --of course--the name Cipriani, which is associated with one of the finest restaurants in NYC.

If you are in the Grand Central Station area, this is a nice spot to go for breakfast or lunch or coffee and a baked good. If you are not in this area, it is still worth a stroll to try it out.

• Visited February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Quaint place that's good”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

While on business was able to pop in with 2 other co-workers. Our food was very tasty.

We had the special of the day and it was very tasty. The people were nice. It's a tight fit as there aren't many seats.

Only thing that I wasn't prepared for is that they charge per refill for ice tea. They were nice enough though to explain that when I wanted a refill, which I appreciated.

I'll go back.