“real pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 10 June 2013

it is a small joint, but it delivers one of the best "Italian style" pizza.
If you are back from trip in Italy and want to experience again the unique taste of the Neapolitan pizza just visit this place and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I was looking for an authentic coal/wood oven made pizza on the UES of Manhattan. I read about this place online. It met my expectations. I happened to sit next to a regular patron who happens to work in the restaurant business at a high end restaurant downtown. He told me that this is his favorite pizza place and comes there twice a month from his home in Brooklyn.

I also enjoyed two great cups of Espresso prepared in the style that I usually have when I am in Italy, "corto" which is very short. They even import the superfine sugar from Italy, which completes the authenticity of the experience.

This was a pleasant surprise with the extra bonus of a great conversation with a fellow New Yorker.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is a nice small Italian pizza parlor and sandwich place run by a couple of people from Salerno. I went there on a Saturday afternoon and it was empty; the service was fine and the brick oven pizza was terrific - could have used more basil, but that is a small complaint. I also had a salad of arugula with cheese and breseola, which came with a half lemon for squeezing and was also very nice. We look forward to ordering in from here. There is no longer any reason to travel to the depths of Brooklyn for pizza.

1  Thank annbury
Reviewed 28 April 2013

OMG!!!!! Amazing pizzas, beautiful, intimate setting, fantastic friendly service what more could you want!!!

We ate early but were very impressed with our food. We ate an antipasti starter and then sat for a while just enjoying the atmosphere before ordering our mains! The staff were very friendly and even sat and gave us advice on bars/clubs to visit! The wine was delicious and the pizzas were what pizzas should be-tasty, light, full of flavour!

We loved sitting listening the staff banter amongst themselves in Italian and watching the chefs make up the pizza dough on the table next to us!!

A genuine find. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Shona U
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This pizza bar is small and quite intimate. The pizza was not as good as other brick oven pizzas, but the service and wine were good. It is a good place for a quick stop on the way somewhere.

1  Thank Davidson77