“What a find”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 19 December 2012

After dining in top restaurants we wanted a "simple" meal. Peter's was just right. Although the food was readily available it was well cooked, tasty and piled up on the plate. Prices were around $10 a plate which included great stuffed chicken and a couple of sides.
Comfortable surroundings inside and the bill for 2 all up was $26.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I went to this rotisserie just for chance, while in a long stay in Manhattan. The menu is short, nevertheless you do not need more plates, it is just what you do adore: Perfect homemade cuisine, real food, warm ambiance (the majority of the customers are people working on the Broadway Theaters).
Well, I went again and again, I felt like home, talking with the manager and the serving people. You will love the chicken or beef brisket, delicious and big portions, the sides are perfect; try creamed spinach, rotisserie vegetables, sweet corn with jalapeno, with a Corn Muffin.
This rotisserie is one of my very best food experience in Manhattan, if you visit the area of Broadway Theaters, do not lose the experience, you will be delighted. I do bet!

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

We visited Peter's because of its close proximity to our hotel and it was exactly what we needed on a cold, dreary night. My rotisserie chicken was moist, stuffing was fine, and the mashed potatoes and gravy were delicious! The portions are big and the prices are super affordable. We left feeling warm and full, just what we needed to go back into the snow!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

after a visit to the Brooklyn Brewey the five of us were hungry! We found this place on Yelp and it looked pretty good. Not very busy when we walked in at about 4 but early for NY standard for dinner. Menu was not huge but had a little bit of something for everyone. breakfast was still being served along with Dinner. Also cold beer on tap! I had the slow roasted pork with Mashed and Mac and cheese. It was awesome! My wife had the frittata which was good but she ate off my plate just as much. there is also meatless options on the menu. GREAT SERVICE! All meals under $15. By the time we left the place was hopping! Great find and HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I were going to the theater on the West side. It was pouring rain so we wanted to stay close to the theater. There were several restaurants to choose from, one was Peter's. It was a homey looking restaurant, almost a "Fast Food" joint. The chickens on the rotisserie looked inviting, so we went in. We made the right choice. This is ANYTHING but a fast food joint. Although you order from the counter, nothing else resembles KFC! All of the side dishes (for which I would return) are home made and simmering in La Cruset pots. The meal was served to us on real plates with real utensils. The manager, or owner ( not sure) came over to us TWO times to inquire how our meal was....IT WAS WONDERFUL. It is more than a chicken restaurant. My wife had the turkey. If you are in NYC, this is worth trotting over to 9th Ave to sample some of the best southern cuisine around....and something else that you do not get very often in Manhattan...A BARGAIN! Grandma would be pleased.

1  Thank mpb46