“awesome place to eat and dance” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Copacabana Times Square
Ranked #201 of 859 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Legendary nightclub featuring cocktails, live music & a rooftop dance floor in a vibrant atmosphere. Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., The Supremes, Sam Cooke and Robin Williams have performed at Copa.
Paramus, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awesome place to eat and dance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I also bought the Copacabana Groupon package, paid $118 that included appetizers, entrees, desserts for 4 people plus 2 bottles of wine and admission to the dancing club. Great deal! Still, I was about to cancel our reservations after reading the negative reviews. I'm glad we went anyway, we had a blast! Even though I forgot to bring the Groupon vouchers with me and mentioned it to the hostess, we were greeted friendly, immediately escorted to our table and soon after we had menus, wine and chips served. In the meantime, I was unable to pull out the vouchers from my phone so I asked the waiter if I could have access to a computer. That was not a problem either, he let me use their computer and was also able to print the vouchers. The food was tasteful and well presented. We switched our plates around the table to have a taste of each dish, we all loved it. Our waiter, Juan Carlos, was very professional and courteous. After dinner, we went to the club upstairs. It was still a bit early so the club was almost empty but by 11pm the club was packed and rocking. The music was a good mix of Latin, hiphop, new hits, that kept us dancing all night. I recommend this place for good food, excellent service and a fun night!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Lovebuddy2013

New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Terrible...Won't ever return.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Absolutely terrible!!! Worst dinner event ever. We hosted an annual dinner here and we did a tasting prior to the event with the chef, manager and event manager. We confirmed what we wanted with some adjustments to the presentation of the meal. They ensured us it would be exactly as we discussed. The steaks came out instead as sliced beef (which we did not want) that was so tough and overcooked. Also, we wanted three sauces on the side so guests could decide what they may want (or not any) and how much to put on. There was also a pan seared fish that was soggy and cold. Both beef and fish were smothered in the same sauce. It was disgusting! Only about half of the guests finished their meal. Also, I have never been to a restaurant that messed up a caprese salad. Such a simple thing and they served it with wilted greens instead of basil and pale flavorless tomatoes. So sad... The manager made promises and did not deliver. Later she denied them and blamed us. Not professional at all!!!! I would never step foot in this place for an event or meal. The event manager was fantastic, but when your manager is not trust worthy, I suppose all suffer. Never again. It is such a shame as the top floor is pretty. Oh, the house DJ was also terrible. He forgot that it was our event, not his...

Visited August 2012
4 Thank andrewrnyc
Raleigh, North Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Will not go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

This place was not for me. Bad vibe and leaks in several places. Staff came by every few minutes to mop up the dripping water from the ceiling.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank GloriousDay2Day
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

The place has the potential to be great, but sadly it is one of the most pathetic Spanish-dancing clubs we've ever been to. We expected a lot from this club considering it is in NYC. The music was bad, the drinks were crazy expensive and watered down, and there was hardly anyone there. The place is big so it really looked empty. We will never go back.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Lvngstrng
Staten Island, New York, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“An amazing night out!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went with friend for their birthday.it was wonderful. Staff was excellent. Security excellent. Music was excellent. She had a birthday package in the vip area, which was very nice. Next time I'll try the dinner before.

1 Thank Danny G