Park South Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$239
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$281
US$431
US$397
Great 4.5/5
US$497
US$415
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$213
US$171
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Breakfast included
2,613 results
All reviewsrooftop barblack duck restaurantnew yorkgreat hotelmurray hillbagelssubway stationchrysler buildingboutique hotelunion squarefront desk staffconvenient locationempire statesmall hotelwould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2011

A great little hotel in a perfect position for all the main tourist sites, the subway is only 100 yards from the entrance of the hotel, and when you've had a long day this was worth it's weight in gold. The staff were all very friendly and very helpful - we had a problem with the rooms safe on day 3, but after reporting it an engineer turned up within minutes.The breakfast was a basic continental style, it was in good quantity and plenty of choice. The hotel room was small but very adequate for our needs, we were surprised that there was no coffee or tea making facilities in the room - a first on my travels.
The only problem I had was on checking out - I wanted to pay my bar bill by cash, unfortunately the hotels and my figures differed by over $20, the reason was because I'd tipped the barstaff on the night and then after leaving the bar they had included another tip on the overall bill - I asked the receptionist to show me the slips which I signed at the bar, and guess what they couldn't be found ! She then asked me to leave it with them and they would just charge my credit card when it got sorted out - sorted out with me not being there ?
I asked to see a manager a resolve the problem before we left, but there was no manager in the building, In the end I paid in cash what I thought I owed and told her to get the manager to phone me if there was a problem.
'If you've enjoyed your stay here, I don't see what your problem is sir - surely it's a small price to pay' is what the receptionist said ?
I'm not mean - I just don't like getting ripped off.

Overall a brilliant five day stay - spoiled needlessly by not using a little common sense.

The Unfortunate outcome was that despite my protests - on returning home the hotel had indeed charged my credit card for the differance.

If I had any tips to pass on - I would suggest that you make full use of the subway, it's so easy to get around and saves your feet - and try and book your trips out before arriving, it saves so much time waiting around for tickets.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Northy_9
Reviewed 15 May 2011

A great little hotel with the slowest lifts in the world - sometimes it's simply faster to use the stairs. Our view was of another building - but that suited us fine cos there was no traffic noise at all - peace and quiet for a good night's sleep. Cold breakfast is included plus toast - not a full buffet - and they hold bags for free after checkout. There is a laundromat around the corner which will do your washing for you and neatly fold it all within 2 hours. Within walking distance of 2 subway lines so access to everything in Manhatten is pretty easy. Free wifi.

Room Tip: The rooms without a view are perfect for sleeping.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2011

This is a small boutique hotel in a fantastic location. I found the service is very friendly and welcoming like you would expect at a small hotel. They also include breakfast in the room rate, which I think is pretty rare for NY hotels. It seemed to me they cater European tourists judging by the other guests I saw at breakfast, which could be one reason they include breakfast. The breakfast itself was nothing special (cold buffet with pastries, bagels, etc.), but it was fine for me.

The rooms are by no means luxurious, but they are clean and comfortable and seem to have been renovated in the recent past. The room I had was actually pretty spacious by NY standards. You can order room service from the hotel restaurant, which is a nice benefit. Overall, the Park South is a good choice for the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NRT
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We got reservations here through one of those "name your price" things where you don't know where you'll be until the card is charged.

What a pleasant surprise. No, its not a disco masquerading as a hotel (Hotel Empire, are you listening?) , the rooms are on the small side, but the staff were very nice, it was QUIET, the place was clean, I didn't see any bedbugs, free wi-fi, and breakfast was included. Perfect!

I'd definitely stay here again. If for no other reason but to check out some of the curry places nearby. Yum!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Great location, within walking distance to Flatiron District and the Empire State Building, green subway stop right outside the door, making trips to Soho and downtown easy. Free breakfast every day was fantastic. Our room was typically New York small but had nice boutique style finishes. Service was good, however on our last two nights they seemed to forget about us, with no turn-down service being provided. Not a big deal, but we did notice as they had done this on the first four nights of our stay. Laudromat is also close by, which was handy for avoiding exorbitant hotel laundry service fees. Overall, great value - I don't think we would have found a better hotel for the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple