“Great location”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #54 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at the Park South Hotel for a weekend trip to NYC. The location is convenient location in downtown - right off Lexington Ave and a short walk from NY Penn Station. The rooms are small, and odd-shaped, but in a newly renovated building. Construction was still going on while we were there, which was annoying in the early mornings as the workers were loud, the drilling was loud, and the paint fumes strong, but overall the price was a good deal. We also enjoyed convenience of the continental breakfast while we were there - though I think they've ended that amenity since.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhatMickyEats
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for posting your feedback. I’m very disappointed to learn about the conditions you encountered during your stay and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We have fortunate and successful for the most part to have carried out most of our refurbishment with limited impact to our guests. Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case with your stay. I would sincerely welcome the opportunity to speak directly with you in the hopes of rectifying this matter. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,
Christiaan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed for 4 days during the coldest beginning of March for years. In one of the lovely refurbished rooms overlooking a couple of great restaurants on 27th St and Not at all noisy. Great location very close to 28th St Station so minutes from uptown or downtown attractions. Brilliant complimentary breakfast, rooms spotless and well maintained and staff friendly and helpful. Just a couple of wee suggestions. Firstly the heating system (which was on virtually the whole time given the outside temperature fell to at least -12C) was VERY noisy, seems a shame this couldn't have been upgraded at the same time as the room. Also the lovely wet room/loo had no heating so unless we left the door open it was pretty cold in the morning; also there was nowhere to dry your towel. The towel rail, (unheated) was close to the loo and the loo roll holder. A heated towel rail would have made a huge difference. Having said all this - these were minor things - Park South is a hotel certainly to be recommended.

Room Tip: a lot of the rooms are or are being refurbished - certainly try for one of them.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is very generous and gracious under the circumstances. I do sincerely apologize for the noisy heating unit in your room as well as for the lack of a towel heater. While our rooms may appear to be completely refurbished, there are still a few items that require installation at this stage such as the new heating and cooling units with wall mounted thermostats and yes, heated towel racks which will be available in our executive rooms. Much of the ongoing work is taking place in stages and unfortunately these items were not in place during your stay. Again I do apologize for any inconvenience. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with your directly in the hopes of making amends by way of a future visit. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience so we can speak further. Thank you again for the kind review.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have just spent 5 nights at the Park South Hotel. The location was great - it is close to Union Square and Empire State Building but on a quiet street so you are away from all the noise. We were given an upgrade to a refurbished Kingsize room which was excellent. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. It was very clean. All staff were extremely courteous and polite. The complimentary breakfast was great - could eat breakfast and then start our day without having to find somewhere to eat. This was our first visit to New York and we were so pleased we booked at this hotel rather than a larger, more impersonal one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review, the team and I truly appreciate. It’s one of the best things about being a small boutique hotel; you get the opportunity to actually know your guest. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations pleasing. I have to also thank you for choosing us for your first visit to NYC. It’s very rewarding for all us when our have a positive and memorable experience. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any future assistance. Thanks again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place is fantastic. A wonderful welcome from the kind and friendly staff. Nothing is to much for them. The atmosphere is relaxing and very sophisticated. A lovely Jazz Bar that serves really delicious food! The breakfast was to die for and set us up for the whole day! The location is actually very central and the subway is practically outside which gives you direct access to downtown and uptown! When I return to NYC I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank so very much for not only a wonderful review but for the dedication, we sincerely appreciate it. I’m not certain if this was your first stay with us but I thought I would take this opportunity to let you know about some upcoming features to look forward to on your next visit. Our new rooftop bar is expected to open this spring and all of our food and beverage outlets will be refurbished this summer. I hope you will share your feedback with us on your next visit regarding these fun and exciting changes. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you need any assistance with your accommodations. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Thanks again.

Very Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My third visit to the Park South, and it will not be the last. Great helpful, friendly staff. Clean rooms, convenient location close to Union Square, subway, Empire State Bldg., and shopping. My daughter's first visit to NYC, and the staff at the Park South helped make it special.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have better views. Never a noise problem in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louisianalass
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much visiting with us again and for the kind review, we truly appreciate it. I’m so pleased our team was able to make it a memorable trip for you and your daughter. You’ll have to come back and join us again this summer so you and your daughter can enjoy the city views from our new rooftop bar/lounge. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next trip. Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband I went to New York on our honeymoon in March 2013 (PS Sorry its taken me a while to do this review) . We stayed for 11 nights. Upon arrival at 11.30pm after 24 hours of traveling, they immediately told us we'd been upgraded to a bigger room and the trip got better from there. When we go to out room, there was a letter and a complimentary bottle of wine from the GM of the hotel to make contact if we required anything.
Located on the same block as a train station (28th St) it was only a 5 block walk to the Empire State Building and beyond.
The breakfasts were great, toast, croissants, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, with cheese and cold meats. The hotel bar stocked some great beer, which we always grabbed on our way back up to our room, from a night out, although we didn't get a chance to eat at the hotl restaurant, it always looked busy on our way past which was a good sign!
The service was excellent, and the door men all through out our stay took the time to chat to us about our wedding and being from Melbourne.
Nearly 12 months on and we have some fabulous memories of our time at the Park South Hotel, and wouldn't hesitate on stayig there again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy anniversary! I honestly don’t think the time frame makes any difference, only that you were kind and gracious enough to share your experience with us. Let me just say we are honored that you chose the Park South Hotel as your honeymoon destination. I’m very pleased we were able to play a small part in your wonderful experience. I hope you will visit with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on your next planned visit. I look forward to welcoming you both back.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed for an overnight last year and again last night. All the staff is pleasant and helpful. We had a refurbished room on the 8th floor with views of Chrysler Building!
Hotel is a few steps from subway. Very convenient.
The continental breakfast has the best bagels, along with yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, etc.

Room Tip: No kids activities that I am aware of; no pool; there is a fitness center which I did not use.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your review and for your continued patronage. I’m pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay once again. You must have stayed in one of our newly refurbished executive rooms, they have the best views. I hope we get another opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally for assistance with your arrangements. Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you in person next time.

Warm Regards,