“fantastic hotel”

Ranked #55 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Amherst, Massachusetts
“fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

friendly staff, gorgeous renovation, wonderful breakfast. highly recommended. recommend pippali if you're going out for Indian. convenient location, thoughtful historic photography throughout of NYC from the turn of the century.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so very much for the kind and thoughtful review, we certainly appreciate it. We are all very pleased with the refurbishment efforts and we have been receiving positive reviews. Our new rooftop bar should be opening in about a month or so, I hope you get the opportunity to experience it firsthand. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next trip to NYC. Thanks again.

Christiaan Aldoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here with my wife last week, 5 nights total. Our first time staying at this property and everything was excellent. The location is central, perfect for all of our needs (me on vacation, wife working). The staff was always warm, smiling and professional. The room was clean, spacious and relaxing. Even though we didn't dine in the Black Duck restaurant, the continental breakfast was tasty and very European.

I worked out in the fitness room one morning, and even though it's small they have 4 machines, a set of dumb bells, and a stability ball.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you are sensitive to street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Christiaan A, Public Relations Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will join us again soon. We have a great deal of new exciting and enhancements planned for this year including new fitness equipment to keep you in shape. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me directly should you need any assistance with your arrangements. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

First and foremost, the staff at Park South Hotel is stellar. Everyone is incredibly friendly, helpful, and informative. I can't say enough about that. The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable, and well maintained. Very comfortable beds, towels, and linens and the rooms are a nice size. The location is convenient and the neighborhood is residential. The daily breakfast buffet is a nice touch, full of many different options. I will absolutely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the endorsement, we sincerely appreciate it. I’m very happy to learn that our team took good care of you during your stay. We are working diligently to enhance the hotel from a new rooftop bar to additional food and beverage facilities. I hope you will join us again soon so you can experience all the wonderful changes firsthand. Please be sure to reach out to me personally when planning your next trip, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Glenwoodsprings Co
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great subway location, easy up and downtown. Super cool staff, really nice folks to deal with. Lots to eat at Brekfast buffet, would stay again and have stayed there a lot over the last ten years, new eating establishments are popping up all over, KILLER INDIAN FOOD all around

• Stayed March 2014
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate it and your loyal patronage. I hope we get the opportunity to meet in person on your next visit. I look forward to hearing your feedback firsthand regarding all the wonderful enhancements taking place with our food and beverage facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with your next planned trip. Thanks again.

London
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Got a great deal on this hotel as part of a package with British Airways. Rather than taking a cab from JFK we took the LIRR which brought us to Penn Station quickly and cheaply and from there it was an easy walk to the hotel. Had a warm welcome from doorman and the receptionist. The room was a reasonable size and very quiet - it appeared to be part way through refurbishment so while the bathroom and some of the furniture appeared to be new, other items were definitely well used especially the carpet which was lumpy and had chewing gum on it. Having said that, the rest of the room was otherwise very clean and the bed extremely comfortable which was welcome at the end of a long day's sightseeing. Towels and linens were of good quality and refreshed daily if desired.

The complimentary breakfast was a real pleasure! Pastries, cereals, cold meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs, toast etc and some of the best bagels I've tasted. For anyone in a hurry there were cereal bars and take-out cups for coffee.

Great location for sightseeing with many of the major attractions in walking distance and subway just a few steps away from the hotel for any that weren't. After wandering around some of the busier spots like Times Square I really appreciated the more residential feel of the area this hotel is in: it's quiet with plenty of shops, restaurants etc aimed more at locals than tourists so prices are reasonable.

I would gladly stay at Park South again (especially when refurbishment is complete), thanks to the comfortable bed, friendly staff, convenient location and the little thoughtful touches (turndown service, breakfast, newspapers) that made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Zappomatic
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind and thorough review, we truly appreciate it. I do apologize for the condition of the carpeting in your room. It is always challenging with a refurbishment to have all of the soft and case goods in place at the same time. Much of this work is usually performed in stages. I hope the condition was not an inconvenience. I also hope that you will visit with us again later this year so you can see firsthand all of the wonderful enhancements not only in our lobby and public areas but also our food and beverage facilities as well as our rooftop bar due to open this spring. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance with your next travel plans. Thank you.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here from the 7th till the 11th March. Great location. Clean rooms. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Definitely stay here again. Felt very welcome. Rooms were a good size and beds were very comfy. Clean towels everyday and beds were changed daily.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kerrene D
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for the kind feedback, we really appreciate it and that you took the time. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally for assistance with your next visit. Thank you again.

Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had a great stay recently at the Park South Hotel. The staff was very helpful, breakfast was good, location excellent and well worth the price. The room was small (to be expected in Manhattan) but very clean and had all the amenities. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we truly appreciate it. I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that our staff was helpful. We have quit a number of enhancements still to come for the year so I hope you will join us again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me personally so we can get you upgraded to a more spacious room on your return visit. Thank you again.