“Stayed for New Years”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #47 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My friends and I travelled to New York to spend a birthday and New years in Times square (bucket list check!) and we had payed for a 2 double bed room and we were upgraded to a king sized bed and a pull out couch which worked out better for us. The hotel location is great, the staff were very friendly and even had a cupcake for my best friends birthday sent to the room, nut free cause they asked us at check in and we mentioned she can't have nuts. I really enjoyed this hotel and I intend on going back when I visit New York again :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cori C
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review and choosing the Park South for the special occasion. I’m very pleased that our team was able to contribute to the celebration. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next planned visit. Thank you again.

Warm regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Write a ReviewReviews (2,562)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

When we arrived at the Park South Hotel, we were very tired after our long red-eye flight and the front desk staff was extremely polite and nice. They even offered us breakfast in the morning even though we had not officially checked in yet. The location was amazing.The 6 Subway is less than a minute walk away, and the hotel is right next to Park Avenue. Gramercy Park, Madison Square, Empire State Building, and Flatiron are all within easy walking distance. The room staff was very polite and nice, and the rooms were always very clean. However, the one thing negative about this trip was our room. Actually, I should first mention that we have stayed at this hotel twice before, and we keep coming back because the rooms are usually very good. Unfortunately, the room this time was extremely tiny. It was the same price and the same type of room as our previous stays here, but this room was very small. The room was much more modern than our last stay, but we would much rather have a bigger room than a trendy one. Another problem was the view. We literally looked out onto a wall and an ally. We could have had no window at all and it wouldn't make a difference. There really was no view. After multiple stays at this hotel, this one was definitely the worst, but it still was an overall good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Winkie J
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback, we do appreciate it. I’m sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with the size of your room. As with most hotels, we offer an array of room categories with verifying sizes to accommodate our guest needs. I’m not certain of the circumstances surrounding your particular stay however it is possible we did not have a larger room available at either the time of booking or upon arrival. For this I do apologize. You mentioned that you had stayed with us previously. I certainly hope this unfortunate circumstance does not prevent you from returning. In fact, it is my hope that you will reach out to me personally on your next visit so that I may arrange a complimentary upgrade. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience when you are ready. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

friendly staff, gorgeous renovation, wonderful breakfast. highly recommended. recommend pippali if you're going out for Indian. convenient location, thoughtful historic photography throughout of NYC from the turn of the century.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for the kind and thoughtful review, we certainly appreciate it. We are all very pleased with the refurbishment efforts and we have been receiving positive reviews. Our new rooftop bar should be opening in about a month or so, I hope you get the opportunity to experience it firsthand. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next trip to NYC. Thanks again.

Very Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here with my wife last week, 5 nights total. Our first time staying at this property and everything was excellent. The location is central, perfect for all of our needs (me on vacation, wife working). The staff was always warm, smiling and professional. The room was clean, spacious and relaxing. Even though we didn't dine in the Black Duck restaurant, the continental breakfast was tasty and very European.

I worked out in the fitness room one morning, and even though it's small they have 4 machines, a set of dumb bells, and a stability ball.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you are sensitive to street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Christiaan A, Public Relations Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will join us again soon. We have a great deal of new exciting and enhancements planned for this year including new fitness equipment to keep you in shape. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me directly should you need any assistance with your arrangements. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

First and foremost, the staff at Park South Hotel is stellar. Everyone is incredibly friendly, helpful, and informative. I can't say enough about that. The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable, and well maintained. Very comfortable beds, towels, and linens and the rooms are a nice size. The location is convenient and the neighborhood is residential. The daily breakfast buffet is a nice touch, full of many different options. I will absolutely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the endorsement, we sincerely appreciate it. I’m very happy to learn that our team took good care of you during your stay. We are working diligently to enhance the hotel from a new rooftop bar to additional food and beverage facilities. I hope you will join us again soon so you can experience all the wonderful changes firsthand. Please be sure to reach out to me personally when planning your next trip, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Very Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great subway location, easy up and downtown. Super cool staff, really nice folks to deal with. Lots to eat at Brekfast buffet, would stay again and have stayed there a lot over the last ten years, new eating establishments are popping up all over, KILLER INDIAN FOOD all around

• Stayed: March 2014
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate it and your loyal patronage. I hope we get the opportunity to meet in person on your next visit. I look forward to hearing your feedback firsthand regarding all the wonderful enhancements taking place with our food and beverage facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance with your next planned trip. Thanks again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Got a great deal on this hotel as part of a package with British Airways. Rather than taking a cab from JFK we took the LIRR which brought us to Penn Station quickly and cheaply and from there it was an easy walk to the hotel. Had a warm welcome from doorman and the receptionist. The room was a reasonable size and very quiet - it appeared to be part way through refurbishment so while the bathroom and some of the furniture appeared to be new, other items were definitely well used especially the carpet which was lumpy and had chewing gum on it. Having said that, the rest of the room was otherwise very clean and the bed extremely comfortable which was welcome at the end of a long day's sightseeing. Towels and linens were of good quality and refreshed daily if desired.

The complimentary breakfast was a real pleasure! Pastries, cereals, cold meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs, toast etc and some of the best bagels I've tasted. For anyone in a hurry there were cereal bars and take-out cups for coffee.

Great location for sightseeing with many of the major attractions in walking distance and subway just a few steps away from the hotel for any that weren't. After wandering around some of the busier spots like Times Square I really appreciated the more residential feel of the area this hotel is in: it's quiet with plenty of shops, restaurants etc aimed more at locals than tourists so prices are reasonable.

I would gladly stay at Park South again (especially when refurbishment is complete), thanks to the comfortable bed, friendly staff, convenient location and the little thoughtful touches (turndown service, breakfast, newspapers) that made my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Zappomatic
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you so much for the kind and thorough review, we truly appreciate it. I do apologize for the condition of the carpeting in your room. It is always challenging with a refurbishment to have all of the soft and case goods in place at the same time. Much of this work is usually performed in stages. I hope the condition was not an inconvenience. I also hope that you will visit with us again later this year so you can see firsthand all of the wonderful enhancements not only in our lobby and public areas but also our food and beverage facilities as well as our rooftop bar due to open this spring. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance with your next travel plans. Thank you.

Warm Regards,