“Fantastic hotel, great staff”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #48 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Nottingham
“Fantastic hotel, great staff”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in New York room.
The check in was fast and efficient. The staff are friendly and helpful. We had two double double rooms on the 6th floor. I believe newly refurbished and they were lovely. The bathroom was modern and spacious. The beds were lovely and comfy, I would of really liked to take the chandelier home also :). We were travelling with an age range from 18 to 73 and the hotel is ideal for all. Great complimentary breakfast. A subway two minutes walk away, which goes either up or down town.
The only thing I would say and it literally is the only negative is the restaurant was shut during our visit and we had planned ahead and were hoping to enjoy a meal and some jazz there. So a little disappointed as it would of been ideal for the youngest and oldest of our party.
However we did use your bar and the bar guy was great, so credit where due.
All in all a lovely hotel, great staff, great location well worth a visit I would definitely recommend. Ps. I think my room was the best ever 616 :)

• Stayed April 2014
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we truly appreciate your time and effort. I have to say the center light piece is my favorite new feature as well. I’m very pleased you were happy with your accommodations and the refurbishment. We are just about finished with our guest rooms and currently in the process of launching our new rooftop bar. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance with your next visit. Thank you again.

Very warm regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was great, room was not too small and accommodated three adults satisfactorily. It was on the fifth floor at the back of the hotel and was really quiet but quite warm even thought it was December. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and the bagels were especially good. We ate at the restaurant on the last night and their signature dish, duck, was very good. The only very slight negative is the overall decor of the hotel is 'shabby chic' and perhaps could be updated, but in the midst of winter this actually made the place very homely.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor at the back of the hotel for a really good nights sleep in the city that never...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind and thorough review, we do appreciate your feedback. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m not certain if you noticed but we are in the process of an ongoing refurbishment. If you did not notice that means we are doing it properly. All of our guest rooms are near completion at this stage and we are in the process of moving onto our public areas. Our new rooftop bar will be opening in another week. We plan to eliminate the shabby and retain only the chic when everything is completed. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so you can experience these changes first hand. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next visit. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We'd stayed here for a weekend back in January for my birthday. The hotel is in a great location, close to the Empire State, Grand Central Station and other tourist hot spots and there's also a subway station at the end of street which we used when we needed to travel that little bit further, like visiting the Statue of Liberty. Check was a breeze and only took a few minutes and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, hey provided us with a tourist map, pointed a few places we wanted to visit and the best way to reach them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and for the great review. I’m very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you. I will be certain to share your wonderful feedback with our team. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can be of any assistance in the near future. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the Park South Hotel in February for a long weekend break and loved it. The staff were fantastic and very very helpful. The restaurant joined with the hotel was delicious couldn't fault it one bit. The rooms were great and having a safe in the room made it even better knowing I could keep all my personal belongings safe. The door man was very friendly and helped us with our suitcase situation and even weighed them for us as we thought they would be over the weight limit. I really hope to return to New York again this year and would defiantly be staying in this hotel. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Becky H
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the kind endorsement, we certainly appreciate it. I’m very pleased to learn that you enjoyed both our staff and your stay. I hope that you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your return visit. I would welcome the opportunity to assist you personally. Thanks again.

Very warm regards,
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated with easy access to everything a first time traveller would want to see in New York, especially as there is a subway at the end of the street. (Make sure you buy a 7 day Metro pass for $30 if you are staying for more than three days as it will make getting around very easy and much cheaper than paying $2.50 a journey.)
We, also, had a problem with rooms on arrival. We were four female friends away to celebrate a 40th birthday. Our booking through Thomas Cook clearly showed we had two superior queens which each accommodated up to a maximum of 4 people, yet on arrival, after a very tiring journey with a five hour flight delay, we were given rooms with only one double bed in each. We explained the situation to reception and the receptionist was very helpful, taking photocopies of our paperwork etc. The rooms were changed but the receptionist said they only had one superior room and the other would not be of the same standard. We were just relieved to have a bed each though disappointed that in neither room were there coffee makers or slippers and the 'plush' gowns promised on the web site were cheap cotton affairs not the thick towelling ones we expected. Our view was also of a brick wall. However the beds were comfortable and it was very quiet at night so a good night's sleep was had by all.
Breakfast was good. Despite the plastic cutlery and paper plates and bowls, there was a good cold food selection and plenty of tables for everyone, even with the many school groups that were there.
Staff at the hotel were lovely, polite, friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay there again but would make absolute certain I knew how many beds I was getting before arrival next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheryl W
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to share your recent experience. I’m very sorry to learn that there were some accommodation discrepancies upon your group’s arrival. I am however pleased that we were able to resolve the issue partially given the high occupancy levels. At the moment, we are still in the process of our ongoing refurbishment and a few items such as the Keurig coffee makers, some of our linens and other small assorted items are still in transit. All items are expected to be in place very soon. In addition, we recently closed the Black Duck restaurant kitchen in preparation for a full renovation of our food and beverage facilities. This temporary arrangement eliminates our ability to wash dishware. This is why we are offering our complimentary continental breakfast in environmentally safe paper products. We realize this is not the most appealing product but hope you can understand this transition. I do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and your party during your celebration. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly further in the hopes of resolving any other concerns you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I never write a review but this hotel deserves one. I an staying here with the wife and kids and am impressed at how clean the room is. The staff here are great very friendly and on check in we had a lady who got us a map and advised us on the best places to visit. This hotel is in an ideal location to get to Empire State Building, time square, Maddison sq gardens and other main attractions. If your looking for a clean great located hotel with friendly staff then book up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jag S
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Well we certainly appreciate that you took the time to write the review and for the wonderful rating. I’m pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Our team really enjoys finding and suggesting just the right venues for guests when the opportunity presents itself. I hope you and your family will visit with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next planned trip. Thanks again.

Very kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My friends and I travelled to New York to spend a birthday and New years in Times square (bucket list check!) and we had payed for a 2 double bed room and we were upgraded to a king sized bed and a pull out couch which worked out better for us. The hotel location is great, the staff were very friendly and even had a cupcake for my best friends birthday sent to the room, nut free cause they asked us at check in and we mentioned she can't have nuts. I really enjoyed this hotel and I intend on going back when I visit New York again :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cori C
Thank you so much for the kind review and choosing the Park South for the special occasion. I’m very pleased that our team was able to contribute to the celebration. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next planned visit. Thank you again.

Warm regards,