“Lovely hotel, great team of staff”
Review of Park South Hotel

Park South Hotel
Ranked #49 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Romford
“Lovely hotel, great team of staff”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at the Park South hotel in NYC for 6 nights at the end of April. Arrival and the first night was not perfect but it just got better from there.

My wife and I arrived at around 2.30pm but were not allowed to check into our room until 3.00pm. This was not great as we were both quite tired after spending the previous 3 hours in NY traffic trying to get to the hotel. We were then given room 708, which backs onto the lifts. Not a great room, as you can hear the binging of the lifts for most of the night. After the first night though, we asked for a different room and was given 711. A much better room. We were asked to pack our bags and leave them in the room and they would move us to our new room.

The staff were excellent especially the guys that work on the door. They were all full of information about the city and how to get around. Their advice for travel was always to use the subway, never a taxi. The traffic on each of the Avenues was stupid.

We did not book breakfast but it was complimentary. There was tea/coffee, fruit juice, cereal, bagels, croissants, bread and fruit available for all guests every morning of our stay. Even at 4.00am on the morning of our departure.

The hotel is in a great location, about 2 minutes walk from 28th Street subway station on the Green 6 Line. Halfway between Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room that ends with 08, it backs onto the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John H
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and the nice comments regarding the team. I’m sorry that you were made to wait further upon arrival and hope we did not inconvenience you greatly. We always try to accommodate early arrivals but I’m certain this was likely a busier day with some challenges. I’m pleased you found our team to be helpful and the remainder of your stay more enjoyable. I hope to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next visit so I can personally see to any special needs like an early arrival and a complimentary upgrade. Thank you again.

Christiaan Aldoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was my first time staying at Park South and I wouldn't hesitate to rebook! It comes highly recommended! Such a fantastic hotel offering brilliant service and facilities.

The staff were super friendly and warmly welcomed us to the hotel. The second morning we asked about the possibility of a room move (our operator had booked one double instead of a twin) and the hotel quickly and without any issue upgraded us to a lovely room - even moving our bags for us! The great service didn't stop there! The breakfast service was outstanding, the beds were lovely and comfortable and all of the required facilities and amenities were available or accessible on request.

I was particularly impressed by the team's recommendations - on our first night we asked if the receptionist had any good recommendations for a steakhouse and were sent in the direction of an outstanding restaurant just a few blocks away. So impressed, we continued to ask for restaurant and bar recommendations over the next two nights and the team exceeded our expectations every time! The second night we spent at a local Italian (who also offered 15% off to hotel guests) and the third night a little local sushi restaurant. Every recommendation given was of stella quality! I'll definitely be asking for more recommendations next time I visit!

My only disappointment was that we were slightly too early to enjoy the many refurbishments currently taking place, including restaurant and rooftop bar!

Park South is a lovely little boutique hotel offering exceptional service and in a fabulous location - super close to the subway and in walking distance of many of the big tourist attractions. I'd be happy to recommend the hotel to friends and will definitely be making another visit soon (if not soon enough!).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BekiMcv
Thank you for the thorough and kind review, we truly appreciate it. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our team. It’s unfortunate that you missed out on Roof at Park South I know you would have been pleasantly surprised. It’s more reason for you to come back and visit with us again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit so I can assist with your accommodations. Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed a here 4 times since October. Have watched the renovations and the difference between October and now is noght and day. Staff always wonderful. Helpful. Polite. Rooms remain small - but updates are great. They were really needed and have made this a true boutique hotel I would come back to. I have nothing negative to say!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Atoughcustomer2012
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
This is wonderful feedback for us, thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We still have much planned with regards to the ongoing refurbishment including the launch of our new rooftop bar later this month. The lobby and other public areas are on the agenda next as well as additional food and beverage outlets. I hope you will do me the honor of reaching out to me on your next visit. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person and share more about the exciting changes taking place. Thank you again.

Nottingham
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

A fantastic hotel in New York room.
The check in was fast and efficient. The staff are friendly and helpful. We had two double double rooms on the 6th floor. I believe newly refurbished and they were lovely. The bathroom was modern and spacious. The beds were lovely and comfy, I would of really liked to take the chandelier home also :). We were travelling with an age range from 18 to 73 and the hotel is ideal for all. Great complimentary breakfast. A subway two minutes walk away, which goes either up or down town.
The only thing I would say and it literally is the only negative is the restaurant was shut during our visit and we had planned ahead and were hoping to enjoy a meal and some jazz there. So a little disappointed as it would of been ideal for the youngest and oldest of our party.
However we did use your bar and the bar guy was great, so credit where due.
All in all a lovely hotel, great staff, great location well worth a visit I would definitely recommend. Ps. I think my room was the best ever 616 :)

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we truly appreciate your time and effort. I have to say the center light piece is my favorite new feature as well. I’m very pleased you were happy with your accommodations and the refurbishment. We are just about finished with our guest rooms and currently in the process of launching our new rooftop bar. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance with your next visit. Thank you again.

Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was great, room was not too small and accommodated three adults satisfactorily. It was on the fifth floor at the back of the hotel and was really quiet but quite warm even thought it was December. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and the bagels were especially good. We ate at the restaurant on the last night and their signature dish, duck, was very good. The only very slight negative is the overall decor of the hotel is 'shabby chic' and perhaps could be updated, but in the midst of winter this actually made the place very homely.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor at the back of the hotel for a really good nights sleep in the city that never...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind and thorough review, we do appreciate your feedback. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m not certain if you noticed but we are in the process of an ongoing refurbishment. If you did not notice that means we are doing it properly. All of our guest rooms are near completion at this stage and we are in the process of moving onto our public areas. Our new rooftop bar will be opening in another week. We plan to eliminate the shabby and retain only the chic when everything is completed. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so you can experience these changes first hand. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next visit. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We'd stayed here for a weekend back in January for my birthday. The hotel is in a great location, close to the Empire State, Grand Central Station and other tourist hot spots and there's also a subway station at the end of street which we used when we needed to travel that little bit further, like visiting the Statue of Liberty. Check was a breeze and only took a few minutes and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, hey provided us with a tourist map, pointed a few places we wanted to visit and the best way to reach them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and for the great review. I’m very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you. I will be certain to share your wonderful feedback with our team. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can be of any assistance in the near future. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the Park South Hotel in February for a long weekend break and loved it. The staff were fantastic and very very helpful. The restaurant joined with the hotel was delicious couldn't fault it one bit. The rooms were great and having a safe in the room made it even better knowing I could keep all my personal belongings safe. The door man was very friendly and helped us with our suitcase situation and even weighed them for us as we thought they would be over the weight limit. I really hope to return to New York again this year and would defiantly be staying in this hotel. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Becky H
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the kind endorsement, we certainly appreciate it. I’m very pleased to learn that you enjoyed both our staff and your stay. I hope that you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your return visit. I would welcome the opportunity to assist you personally. Thanks again.