“Good location”

Ranked #46 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Leuven, Belgium
“Good location”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here in july 2014. The hotel is conveniently located in mid-town, with a lot of restaurants in the neighbourhood, and a subway-entrance almost right next to the hotel. The room was large and clean. Breakfast is ok and staff was very friendly. When we had to catch an early flight they arranged transport and had coffee and breakfast for us at a very early hour. Also a nice rooftop bar. there were renovations going on, but we didn't notice any inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Raf C
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We understand the importance of managing our ongoing renovations so it does not impact negatively on our guests. Still, I have to thank you for the kind review, we truly appreciate it. I’m very happy our guest rooms are finally completed and our new rooftop bar and lounge is officially open. I hope you will join us again soon to enjoy all the added features of the new Park South. Thank you again.

Christiaan Aldoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Columbia, MD
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've stayed here several times when visiting Manhattan and never had a complaint. The service is outstanding, the rooms clean (though a bit small). and the complementary breakfast is a definite plus. The location is perfect for the walking around Manhattan that is a standard part of our visits.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us once again. I hope you were pleasantly surprised with the new guest rooms and that you had the opportunity to visit our new rooftop bar and lounge. Our breakfast is expected to change shortly but soon we will have not only a café but also a restaurant to offer a full breakfast lunch and dinner. I hope you will visit with us again soon.

Kind regards,
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is under renovation of the lobby, but all the services were there. The rooms were beautifully renovated; very enjoyable.

We will stay there again and can't wait to see their new lobby! Breakfast was perfect. The rooftop bar is very nice; a real treat to view the city at night!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for the generous review despite the ongoing renovations to our lobby. I’m very pleased that you were not put off by the work taking place and that you were happy with our newly designed guest rooms. In addition to the rooftop, we will be adding a few additional food and beverage facilities to the ground level. I look forward to welcoming you back to experience all the wonderful changes. Thank you again.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently stayed at Park South with our 19 months old toddler. We absolutely loved it! Very clean, beautifully renovated room, yummy breakfast, amazing roof top bar and exceptionally friendly staff. Great for families, especially since it's so close to the subway and not too far to walk to Time Square or the Rockefeller Centre. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DiniEng
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, we truly appreciate it. I’m very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please be sure to reach out to me directly on your next planned trip, it would be my pleasure to assist with your accommodations. Thank you again.

Very warm regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights and was perfectly satisfied. Very clean, bug-free, perfectly located on 28th E between Park and Lexington. Staff was very friendly, rooms were recently renovated and although the lobby and the floor are still under renovation this is highly recommended.

2 Thank dublinherbert
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and wonderful endorsement, we really appreciate it. I hope you will visit with us again very soon to enjoy all the wonderful changes taking place. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally should you need any assistance. Thank you.

Skokie, IL
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Park South hotel is well located. Has a friendly welcoming staff. The
Roof bar is a must on a summer night. Great view, friendly staff. We were in NYC for a wedding and many other wedding guests stayed there an we all had a very enjoyable experience, would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Best to get a room not facing 28th or 27th Street...rooms are big, clean, modern, stunning baths .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Knarfp
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I’m so glad you got the opportunity to visit our new rooftop bar and lounge. Thank you so much for the wonderful review and endorsement. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next planned visit if I can be of any assistance with your accommodations. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Park South Hotel last week for several days, and as always, came away pleased with the experience. I was aware the hotel was updating its lobby area, but was surprised to see the street construction. You have to feel sorry for a business when that happens - they usually don't have much control over that situation. (For the record, street noise did not begin until a respectful 8 am in the morning - I can be happy with that.) Even though the main door is closed off for the lobby update, there is still a front entrance about six feet from the main entrance, so access to the hotel is not blocked in any way. Once in, I was met by a gracious and hardworking staff. They are truly making an effort to make their customers' stay a pleasant one, and they were helpful and kind to me at every turn.

My room was updated, luxurious, and sleek. I had one of the smaller rooms as I was a solo traveler, but it couldn't have been more efficient. Kudos to the designer - there is a place for everything you bring to the room - all sorts of little cabinets, and a large but unobtrusive wardrobe that held the contents of my suitcase with space to spare. There are plenty of plugs for hair devices and cell phones. I especially liked the lamps on each side of the bed...each had a reading light as well as cell charging areas so I could use my phone in bed.

The breakfast, as always, was plentiful and fresh with strong, hot coffee available early in the morning. There is enough seating for all in a large dining area that will likely double as a restaurant when the renovation is truly completed.

Finally, the location of the Park South is superb at 28th St. and Park South. From the 6 line subway just steps out the front door, you can go uptown or downtown in minutes. This is really convenient after a busy day of shopping or touring - as soon as you step up the (subway) stairs, your hotel and plush bed are waiting for you.

Look - you can stay at a big, dumb hotel with a huge staff that filter guests through, but where no one really notices you. Or, you can stay at the Park South, where you are warmly greeted and recognized, served a beautiful breakfast , and are charmed by a historic boutique hotel that doesn't look like anybody else. Yes, they are trying to update and evolve, and that is challenging in some ways, but the PSH is trying to become even better than it already is. I have been a loyal client here for over a decade now, and I am here to stay. I invite you to stay here, too, and see why the Park South is a jewel in the greatest city in the world.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
I cannot thank you enough for articulating such a kind and gracious review on our behalf. It is sincerely appreciated by all of us at the Park South. We appreciate not only your loyal patronage but also your understanding during this renovation transition.

I’m particularly pleased that the city construction crew that was working to make the much necessary street repairs our 28th street entrance completed the work in record time. We continue to make every effort to ensure our own ongoing renovations do not impact negatively on our guests. I think we have been very fortunate and careful to manage it to this point. I always like to personally meet our frequent guests however if we have not met it is my hope that we do so on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of assistance anytime. I welcome your feedback always on our progress. Thank you again.

Very warm regards,