Park South Hotel
Ranked #56 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice and clean room, with good space except wardrobes. Only one very tiny wardrobe in a double room. Very nice staff, but they didn't help me when a skirt was missing (probably taken by mistake when sheets were changed). Acceptable breakfast. A perfectly located hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kajsa234
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for the kind review and rating despite the circumstances surrounding your missing skirt. I do apologize for any inconvenience. I would however welcome the opportunity to look further into this matter and ask that you please reach out to me directly. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Write a ReviewReviews (2,456)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

A good place to stay. Metro station and restaurants nearby , but if you want to walk to Tiimes Square...Prepare yours shoes! NY rates are expensive, there's nothing you can do, but Park South has a reasonable rates and rooms biggers than the other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bsaitow

Good advice for anyone traveling to NYC. Thank you for your comments and kind review, it is very much appreciated. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. Maybe our new public bicycle program will work better for you next time. We hope to welcome you back again very soon. Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed at Park South Hotel for several years. The Hotel is currently undergoing some awesome renovation. I can't say enough about the wonderful people who work there. They are friendly, helpful and most efficient. They have been upgrading their rooms (which are VERY nice); now have a roof top bar with kitchen for small bites (Awesome -- great view of the Chrysler Building, very cool gas fireplaces, bar with a cool vibe and nice music)! and are working on their kitchen downstairs and will enlarge their restaurant downstairs. I always look forward to staying at Park South while traveling for work and also enjoy their continental breakfast. Their little "extras" are wonderful (chocolate/wine in your room). However, the people at Park South are the most wonderful people I have ever encountered at a hotel. They are the ones who make the hotel THE place to stay. This place will now rival any of the other 5 stars hotels in NYC with their upgrades but the folks at Park South put it over the top!

Room Tip: The King rooms are very large.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzan M
Christiaan A, Front Office Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Wow! Beyond kind to say the least and whole heartedly appreciated by the team and me. I don’t often here anyone describe a renovation as awesome although the work we are doing is to ultimately enhance our guest experience. I know the end result will be impressive. It’s a thing I think most of our regular guests can really appreciate. I hope you will continue to share your comments with us; good, bad or otherwise, they are always appreciated and help guide us in our efforts. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next planned visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Three nights (Aug. 14/15/16th) in a fabulous friendly hotel on W 28th Street was a perfect way to spend some quality time in New York. This hotel has everything that a serious traveller needs. Quiet Comfortable room, spacious bathroom, the softest pillows ever, the fluffiest bath towels this side of the River Nile (Towells made in Egypt) a decent breakfast buffett and friendly staff that make your stay enjoyable. Nothing was too much bother for the staff, from extra towells, ice delivered to your room, to arranging a limo to JFK at the same cost as a standard fixed price yellow cab.
This hotel also boasts a very attractive roof top bar which is very popular with the 'end of the day' office workers.
This hotel should not be spoken about too much as it could be full next tme I want to use it !!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a bigger room or one with a better view, they will accomodate when th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian C

Well at least tell your closest friends. Thank you for the exceptionally kind review, we truly appreciate it. While we still have some bells and whistles up our sleeve expected to open later in the year, our number one goal is always our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed our new rooms and that you found time to visit our new rooftop bar and lounge. You can reach out to me personally if anyone tells you we are full. We always like to take extra special care of our return guests. Thank you again and we’ll see you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here in July for 5 nights. Walking distance to Empire State with subway on the corner of the street. Allowed us to make the best use of our time. We drove to NY and it was easy to reach from the Lincoln Tunnel. Parking nearby cost €70 fo five nights. We stayed in a double room on the 7th floor. The room had no storage space so be prepared to live out of a suitcase. Apart from that, everything else was excellent. The bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned daily? The buffet breakfast could have been a bit healthier but I didn't mind that (we walked it all off, honest). We never made it to the rooftop bar as it closed by 11.00pm. I wouldn't look past this hotel for our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandS39

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for the great review. My apologies if the storage was insufficient, all our rooms vary in size and storage capacity. We are currently adding additional food and beverage facilities to offer our guests a robust dining experience. Please be sure to reach out to us directly when planning your next trip for the best available rate. Thank you again.

Very kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at Park South the first week in August. I booked two rooms - one a king and the other a double/double. Both rooms were on the third floor and newly remodeled. The beds were very comfortable and the shower in the King was excellent! The breakfast was very nice with a good assortment of breads, pastries, fruit, cereal and yogurt. Besides the tables inside they had tables outside to enjoy the weather and watch the people rushing to and from the subway, which was just down the street. The location is perfect. We only went up to the beautiful rooftop bar a couple of times. It was way over-priced - $19 for a glass of wine? However the view was spectacular and the staff very inviting and friendly. We very much enjoyed our evenings at the ground level bar. Much more affordable and the bartender there was exceptional. I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kearnscat

What a wonderful and kind review, thank you so much. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the services provided by the team. I’ve share your comments with them and I know they sincerely appreciate it. We still have some additional food and beverage options headed our way this year so I do hope that you will visit us again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of any assistance. Thank you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you are searching for a clean, quiet hotel in the center of NYC this is the place for you. It's near many landmarks and very close to the subway. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is first rate. Don't chose this hotel if you are wanting to be secluded from the daily goings-on of the people who live there but if you want to experience New York on the street level, ride the subway, and eat fantastic Indian food stay at the Park South Hotel.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine! Who stays in the room in NYC?
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rebecca C

I would guess words from a well seasoned traveler. Thank you for fantastic review and the kind words, we honestly appreciate both. I’m a very big fan of this neighborhood as well as it has a true no-none-sense New York feel to it. I hope you also had the opportunity to enjoy the view from above at our new rooftop bar and lounge. It is really something worth experiencing. I hope your travels bring you back to us again soon.