“A confectionary Heaven....”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Madera, California
“A confectionary Heaven....”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When you have a desire for some decadent sweets, come to one of the Magnolia bakeries. Everything looks so good, and the things we tried were delicious. It's NYC so expensive, but worth it I think. We had a cocoanut cake, peanut butter mini pie, and mini vanilla bean cheesecake for 4 of us to share. We ate some there, and took the rest home for a later snack. Yummmmmm !!

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Expected amazing, and received average”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is my fourth (or fifth) Magnolia Bakery cupcake experience. The last two times have been average, and I was hoping for a better experience this one. Unfortunately, the cake was dry and the frosting was crusty.

I had a chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting. It was OK, but I am now ready to try other New York bakeries. All in all, OK but it used to be amazing. Now it is average.

On a side note, the service is terrible. The person at the counter was barking at the woman in front of me, who turned around and said "hmmmm" after the service person barked "what do you want?" and never made eye contact. If the cupcake was yummy, the poor service could perhaps be overlooked. To have both average food and terrible service means a three-star rating is perhaps too generous.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Expected More!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was told if I go to New York City, I would have to try Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes. I did and there was no wow factor! The cake was dry, but the frosting was good. Not sure if the cakes are like that or if it was sitting out too long. We did visit the shop mid afternoon and I would think because of the line-up the cakes would be baked and gone in a short period of time. I tried it, now the search is still on to find "THE" Best Cupcake in New York City!

Visited March 2014
Tampa
“Yummers!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We tried the coconut , red velvet, German chocolate cupcakes! All of them were good. My least favorite was the German chocolate.

Valparaiso, Florida
“Good dessert, great show”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I've resisted on other trips to the city but I caved this time around.

I had a chocolate cupcake with meringue frosting and it was great; some others looked too sweet for my taste. I enjoyed seeing the process and the small line was great for people watching. The chocolate icebox cake looked divine.