“Fabulous Cupcake”

Ranked #19 of 402 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The red velvet cupcake is so good. Worth the long line. They had a separate section to buy banana pudding. I was tempted to buy a 6 oz. But decided not to because I over my "dessert quota" for the day. I promise to go back next week to try it.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The cupcakes were moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside....a wonderful combo. The icing was only average. At $3.50 per cupcake, I expect more.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

One of these days we'll try something other than the Banana Pudding, but in the meantime, this is a hit every time. Yum!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

When you have a desire for some decadent sweets, come to one of the Magnolia bakeries. Everything looks so good, and the things we tried were delicious. It's NYC so expensive, but worth it I think. We had a cocoanut cake, peanut butter mini pie, and mini vanilla bean cheesecake for 4 of us to share. We ate some there, and took the rest home for a later snack. Yummmmmm !!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is my fourth (or fifth) Magnolia Bakery cupcake experience. The last two times have been average, and I was hoping for a better experience this one. Unfortunately, the cake was dry and the frosting was crusty.

I had a chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting. It was OK, but I am now ready to try other New York bakeries. All in all, OK but it used to be amazing. Now it is average.

On a side note, the service is terrible. The person at the counter was barking at the woman in front of me, who turned around and said "hmmmm" after the service person barked "what do you want?" and never made eye contact. If the cupcake was yummy, the poor service could perhaps be overlooked. To have both average food and terrible service means a three-star rating is perhaps too generous.