“It's all about the banana pudding.”
Review of Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia Bakery
Ranked #47 of 397 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The first time I went Magnolia's was because of Sex in the City and I had the cupcakes of course. Then someone recommended the banana pudding. I no longer get the cupcakes. As compared to other cupcake places their cupcakes are average. The frosting is good but the cake is dry. The pudding is amazing and I don't even like banana. The pudding is like a custard and mixed in are slices of banana and what I think is white cupcake as the bread. It comes in three sizes. I recommend the large and if you don't eat it all in one sitting you can save it for the next day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I only tried the cupcakes here. They were awful. Tiny bit of very average chocolate cake buried underneath a huge glob of disgustingly sweet buttercream. Why does this place continue to exist? Yuck. If you really love super sweet buttercream on a wee crumb of cake, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We only tried 3 flavors but the red velvet cupcake is the bomb. The topping is like airy marshmallow it is delicious....... It is a must!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice Bakery in Grand Central, they were out of several items but my cousins and nieces enjoyed there decadent cupcake and brownie. I had a little bit and the brownie was scrumptious. I would definitely visit again.

The cupcake was moist but too much frosting.

They had variety of everything for adults and kids.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The red velvet cupcake is so good. Worth the long line. They had a separate section to buy banana pudding. I was tempted to buy a 6 oz. But decided not to because I over my "dessert quota" for the day. I promise to go back next week to try it.