“Great moment”

and up
Sunset Tour of Central Park
Ranked #125 of 625 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Extensive Central Park tours offered at sunset, the most beautiful time of day. Your guide will bring the park to life for you while bringing you to well known sites like Strawberry Fields, the Central Park Zoo, Sheep Meadow, Tavern on the Green and Bethesda Fountain; as well as lesser known park gems. Visit The Ramble: Central Park's wild woods, Belvedere Castle, The Shakespeare Garden, and The Arsenal. Along the way, your guide will share stories of the park's history, explain the architecture, and reveal locations from your favorite movies.
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great moment”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful place to spend the day walk around in... The energy of the park is greaaaatfull! Really amazing place to relax a little and "forget" the life's problem... Gorgeous program!

“Great information thanks Matt !!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Living so many years in NY and always wanting to have a detailed visit to Central Park. My dream became true, my family and I had a very pleasant evening taking a tour in the Central Park. Matt has a lot of experience, knowledge and professionalism as well as a great friendly personality. Thanks

Visited August 2014
New York
“Great Tour Matt”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Matt gave an excellent tour tonight. Very informative and relaxed.
A great summer night in the park
Harry (and Jane)

Visited August 2014
Hong Kong
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Summer evening walk through the park!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I'm in NYC for a brief period from out of town and wanted to whisk through Central Park. I was a little short for time so was thrilled to find Central Park Sunset Tours -- in 2.5 hours (5:30 start, 8:00 finish), I was able to see many parts of Central Park that I wouldn't have been able to find myself (or walk through as efficiently). Matt and TR, our guides, were very knowledgeable about Central Park and New York in general, and I particularly enjoyed learning about some of the history and architecture behind some of our sights. The weather was warm and sunny -- I would definitely recommend wearing trainers or comfy shoes and clothes you are comfortable walking in (I was in Toms, shorts, and a shirt) as New York weather can be unpredictable. With only two more days left of my stay, I was really pleased with my choice to spend one of my last evenings doing this walk.

Book in advance - they don't do the tour every day! We had a group of 11 (ish) people, a mix of adults and children. I was on my own. Thanks again!

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“One Pretty Cool Sunday”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My education in architecture included one fifteen week class on landscape architecture, and one ninety minute period of that class on Central Park, so of course, I knew it all, right? Completely, completely wrong.

Our tour guide, Matt, could teach that class. I didn't know what to expect when I signed up, but figured we'd walk around and get blurbs at key points. Completely, completely wrong. We got histories and backstory and clever little anecdotes about the people involved. It made the whole experience... deeper.

The tour is fairly long but it doesn't feel like it - until you realize it's over and it's now dark. I should also probably say that at the end of the tour - I really wished it could have continued.

Visited May 2014