“Splendid Day in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tales of New York City Tours - CLOSED

Tales of New York City Tours
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique, lively, and intimate walking tours of New York City with licensed NYC guide and author! Travel the narrow twisting streets of Greenwich Village into the former world of Henry James, Ruth (My Sister Eileen) McKenney, Edward Albee and Edna St. Vincent Millay, to name but a few. Hear tales of colorful characters, artists, actors, ghosts, history, architecture, scandal, and more! Learn the inside stories of fascinating neighborhoods. Private, comprehensive, 7-hour tours also available. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction! Let the adventure begin!
Akron, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Splendid Day in NYC”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I arranged a walking tour for my sister and myself to "really" see NYC. Although I have been there many times before my sister had not. Donna met us at our hotel and spent the day walking and riding throughout NYC. We begun the day having breakfast at Evelyn Stardust Restaurant and ending with seeing the statue of Liberty. Although many of the places I had been to prior Donna helped me to really see each site by pointing out the details of the structures along with the historical background. Donna is a gifted storyteller!!! Throughout the tour she was flexible and assured that our needs and interests were met, I would highly recommend anyone that really want to "see" NYC contact Donna.

Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Fun tour”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I took my girlfriend on this tour, and we both loved it. We started in the daylight, and the tour went into the evening, which gave it a mysterious and magical feeling of going back in time, as we passed all the "haunted" old architecture. Donna, our tour guide, is a natural storyteller with a dramatic and lively personality. She weaved all this interesting historical information into an engaging story.

Visited March 2013
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Women's trip”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Donna met us at our hotel and spent the day with our group. We were a group of twelve women from age 27-87, all with varying needs. We stopped in at the NYC Public Library, took the subway to the Village for the tour of Greenwich Village, went to Little Italy for lunch and dessert and then we will strolled through Chinatown and rode the Stanton Island ferry (for a break from walking and to see the city from the water, including the Statue of Liberty).

Donna was knowledgeable, friendly, positive, accomodating for people with a hearing loss, and mobility problems. The Greenwich Village tour is filled with history, anecdotes about writers, theatre and music. If you are interested in seeing side streets and historical buildings you would not find on your own, take this tour! It is worth it!

Visited April 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My husband and I went on a tour. Appreciated the intimacy of the tour. We didn't have to fight a crowd to hear what the guide was saying. Donna is very friendly and super knowledgeable of NYC history. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2012
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My wife and I just did this tour. I have to say it is one of the best, most comprehensive tours I've ever been on. Our guide Donna was extremely knowledgeable. What we liked most about the tour was that it was very intimate and that we weren't just a part of some huge group where we could barely hear what the guide was saying. Also it didn't feel as though she was just a robot spitting out the same old jargon she does trip after trip (ie, the tour didn't come off as just another trip, another dollar). She was very present and very alive during the tour without being fake or cheesy. She made things that could otherwise sound very boring sound very fun and interesting. I was very impressed!

Visited December 2012