“Food was good service was awful” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
London, United Kingdom
“Food was good service was awful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Went here for lunch on New Years Eve and the burgers were great and my sister in law had a salad which looked and tasted great. We also had a mudslide shake, lemonade which did not have much ade but tasted good plus wine and beer. Overall the burgers were cooked as requested and had great flavour, the skinny fries tasted good but were only just warm and really this place deserves more than 3 out of 5 but the service is dreadful.

Our server made us feel as though we were doing him a favour by being there, no smile, not welcoming at all. However that was nothing compared to the woman who was supposed to be seating people. At one stage there were about 20 people queuing but she was wandering round doing nothing. Not one person was seated at first touch, it took two or three trips round the dining area before she decided to visit them again and seat them. She spent more time at the till than seating people which meant long waits for customers and considering she refused to wait on the tables or get customers bills I am not sure why she needed to spend so much time at the till.

Overall about a 4 for the food but a 1 for service. I am sure there are better burgers in New York but these were good so if you are lucky enough to go on a day when the service is better you may well enjoy the experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

NYC
“Not Family Friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'd love to write a review about the food, but can't because they wouldn't seat us. Long story short, this place is NOT family friendly by any stretch. I showed up with my wife and 3 month old in a stroller. The place was empty except for 2 tables. As we started to walk in, the staff members were all chatting behind the bar so we thought that we could seat ourselves. The "hostess" then rudely yelled at us to please wait by the front to be seated. We walked back to the front and she came over to us to ask how she can help us (she couldn't have asked this from where we were standing??)

She then asked if we need to sit with the stroller at the table which we did since my daughter is too young to sit in a high chair. After we told her yes, she informed us that they only have two tables where strollers can be next to and they were both taken and therefore they could not seat us. Huh? My mouth dropped open. The place was empty. There was plenty of room. All they needed to do, was move a chair and put the stroller where the chair was. We were told this was a fire hazard. When i questioned her on what the difference was between having a chair or a stroller in the same spot, taking up the same space, she couldn't answer. Just repeated that its a fire hazard. After some back and forth arguing, we realized it just wasn't worth it and walked out. Instead, we headed to another burger joint up the street which was fantastic. If you're going with kids (or even if you're not), skip Flip and go somewhere else. I understand that not every restaurant in the city is going to be kid friendly, but considering that this place is in Bloomingdales which is teaming with kids in strollers during the day, I'm very surprised that they take this attitude.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ile de france
“Original but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Good Service, a lot of choices of burgers, original snacks, a bit noisy but too much expensive for burgers

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington, DC
“Great turkey burger and great food at affordable NYC prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I try to eat at Flip everytime I'm in NYC. It's located on the Men's level (lower level) at the flagship Bloomingdales store @ 59th St. & Lexington Ave. in midtown Manhattan. They have the best turkey burger I've ever tasted and have an extensive menu even offers various types of burger buns, mac and cheese, salads, etc.

• Visited September 2011