“Very nice burgers in Bloomingdale's”
Review of Flip

Flip
Reserve with OpenTable
Flip is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,511 of 14,208 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 26 December 2013

When we were shopping at Bloomingdale's in the cellar we discovered this small burger restaurant. We decided to try as it we were in for a nice burger.

The place has a 50's look and it quite small, there's also a bar where you can have a bite.

I ordered the South Of The Burger, it was really really delicious. My friend ordered a Create your own Burger and was also very happy with the way it tasted. Staff was friendly.

We paid 42 for 2 burgers, which is quite a lot. But this is Bloomingdale's, so what!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

If shopping in Bloomingdale's around lunch consider this place for a quick bite. I though it a bit hard to find in the store but that is probably because I was from out of town. Once you find it the food and service are both very good. Not a large place so you may have to wait for a table. That said it was a nice place for a brief respite from shopping. Not overly expensive and good variety. Interesting burger selection which includes your selection of bread and condiments.

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I'm surprised that there are so little reviews for Flip. I had the best burgers I've ever had here! You can build your own burger or choose from classic burgers. I had a classic cheeseburger & my boyfriend had the lamb moroccan burger. We slit our burgers and tried both. I have to say the lamb burger was the best I've ever tried & we both thought the cheeseburger was up there with all the ones we have sampled. The chunky fries & skinny fries were yummy too. The portions were big. The waitress also handed out a shot glass of a sample of one of their milkshakes. I don't like milkshakes but thought I'd try it to be polite, it was actually really nice & tasted like cookies & cream ice cream. Our bill came to about $50 with 2 soft drinks & our food. Which was quite pricey but well worth it as you can pay that in somewhere like hard Rock anyway. I enjoyed my experience & found the waitress very friendly.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Best burger place i have found. We LOVED this place so much. The choice was amazing. You can even select from different cuts of beef for your burger patty, you can have short rib which is a sweeter meat for example. There is lots of different bread options. Went back three times. It was so good.

Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

The food here was excellent however the server was a little snappy (and it wasn't busy) and the seater refused to allow us to move a table by an inch it apparently obstructed the table behind which honestly it did not. This meant we were stuck in a very tiny corner and it was difficult to eat. But other than that the food was very good. I recommend the black/white milkshake.