“Great sangria and authetic food”

Luna Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #4,255 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We brought our kids here for lunch and had a great glass of sangria. The staff are friendly, helpful and funny....like two Italian grandpas. The servings were very generous, and the food was delicious. The warm bread and butter and drinks make the wait for your food bearable. It is a little pricey but you're in New York everything is pricey! It was like walking into a refuge after the hustle of China Town

There are newer reviews for Luna Restaurant & Pizza

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Food was very good but service was slow. Also was very hot and humid the day we visited. After awhile they finally closed the doors and turned on the air conditioning. Meals were very good and tasty. Only issue is as others have mentioned be prepared to wait. For some reason others get their food before you but if you have the time I think the food is worth it.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Service was extremely slow. People who were seated after us were served before us. When we finally got the bill, they had already added a 20% tip for our table of three. When my friend asked for two tens for a twenty, the old man running the place told her she was a lot of trouble. Then the old man tried to take away my son's debit card receipt after he'd signed but before he had totaled it. When I stopped him, he yelled at me and threw a little fit.

The food was good but NOT worth the grief.

1  Thank triplover2
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Visiting Little Italy was a must on my list of things to do with my family (two adults, two teens) during our spring break trip. We happened upon Luna Restaurant and what a find! It's such a leap of faith to just walk in to a restaurant you know nothing about, but from the minute we walked in through the door, we just loved our experience -- the food, the wine, the service, the people, the ambiance. It was the most delicious meal we had on our two-week trip to the east coast. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

It was a really cold and rainy night and we were keen to try some Chinese in Chinatown but took a different turn and we were in Little Italy! We had a quick look at the menu and hurried into the warm and friendly place that Luna is. Great waiter very knowledgeable about the menu and as we were from Australia steered us to what was the equivalent of a shiraz - which matched perfectly with our meal. The younger couple both had pizzas - huge and really only needed the one between them, I had a chicken dish Petti di Pollo alla Vesuviana just beautiful. Finished off with a complimentary tiramisu made the whole night special. As we were leaving we saw a couple looking at the menus of surrounding restaurant then as they came over to the Luna I said just go in! and they did. Well done Luna!