“Great Expectations, Better Experience”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #40 of 466 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Great Expectations, Better Experience”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently had the opportunity to preview the new Quin hotel in NYC and, boy, was I impressed! I had heard about the opening of this historic property for weeks and couldn't wait to get a first glimpse of the hotel. From "check-in" to "check-out", I was uber impressed with my entire experience. The staff were gracious and sincere, helpful and respectful, and most importantly, efficient and professional. While some things were getting their final touches and I couldn't take a look (restaurant, gym), my room was spacious, comfortable, and perfectly appointed. Although brief, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning soon enough - book now!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ChadB604
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Chad,
Thank you very much for sharing your kind thoughts with us! Your comprehensive review allows us to further refine our services, and we’re proud to read that you were impressed by your entire experience thus far. We will be debuting the restaurant and gym shortly, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin soon to enjoy all the “final touches.”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
South Salem, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

How fortunate I was to be one of the first to experience The Quin. Perfectly located in the heart of what is most celebrated in the city, I enjoyed going to the Museum of Art and Design, the Plaza Food Hall, and Barneys, in one fell swoop. The hotel proved a welcome haven upon return with their attentive but subtle staff, the spot on attaché who advised on the perfect asian fusion dining experience, the luxurious rooms with Duxiana beds, and fab tablet that lets me control my environment (who wants to get up to turn out the lights?). My favorite feature were the entry controls that communicate "privacy" outside the room as most hotels require placing a tag on the door which usually gets ignored and misplaced (am I there to be interrupted by housekeeping? No!) ...truly indulgent AND escapist. The adorable children's welcome wagon traversing the lobby bestowing gifts to my daughter didn't hurt either! My only regret was that I didn't visit the website prior to my stay which has tons of inside info in the attaché guide. Thank goodness there will be a "next time".

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AndreaPhilip
Andrea,
Thank you so much for sharing your thorough reflections with us! We’re so glad you were able to fully take advantage of our location and the expertise of our Attachés, and within the hotel, we’re thrilled you enjoyed the convenience of your in-room technology. It was an honor to welcome you to the Quin during our opening week, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just spent a night at the brand new Quin Hotel. Great location close to Central Park and had a great run in the park in the AM. Loved the beautiful lobby and rooms, especially the fab beds and bathrooms. I could have spent all night playing with the little bedside tablet that controlled the shades, lights and music....especially going through all the ambient sleeping noises you could choose from (i ended up going with the birds singing on a windy day). Whoever decided to give each room its own Nespresso machine is a GENIUS. People were great as well - super friendly and ready to please. Can't wait to go back. My 10 year old loved it too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin P
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
From offering that early espresso to providing a personal sleep sound track, it’s our goal to ensure that every moment of your day is exceptional. We’re thrilled you and your child enjoyed your stay at the Quin, and we thank you sincerely for sharing your thoughtful feedback with us. We look forward to having you both back soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is brand new, the staff is very excited as they should be. What a great product... The decor of the hotel is beautiful, fresh flowers, great art and a beautiful lobby.

The rooms have a great bed which is different from any other I have slept on in a hotel. Linen and terry we very plush and nice (new of course).TV worked well and was in a great location in front of the bed. The desk had a power strip built in to charge all devices with ease.

The bathroom was quite nice with a very large shower with a Marble bench.

The Gym and Restaurant were not open but I did order room service for breakfast and it came quick, very well done.

By the end of my stay the entire bell staff and front desk greeted me by name and one of he room attendants went out of her way to greet me as I was walking down the hall.

This hotel is doing it right, stay here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Discerning-Guest23
We are so grateful to read your detailed and generous thoughts, particularly within our first days of opening! We strive to always offer personal services and considerate appointments, and it is through thoughtful reflections like yours that we’re able to keep “doing it right.” It’s a privilege to learn from our guests, and we thank you very much for inspiring our work.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Quin hotel exceeded my expectations for a recent staycation in midtown Manhattan. From the details of service to the amazing bed/linens, I could not have asked for a more restful visit. The attache at the hotel also booked me a great last minute dinner reservation at Milos!
I highly recommend this new hotel. If do you stay...make sure you send a note on their scented stationary :) Very cool!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha G
Samantha,
We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations and thank you sincerely for your gracious thoughts! Your attention to detail inspires us to continue to refine our services and amenities. We’re charmed that our scented stationery made an impression on you and hope to welcome you back to the Quin soon!