the Quin
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
SmithHotels.com
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
3,126 results
All reviewswayfarer restaurantcentral parkgreat locationnew yorknespresso machinecarnegie hallconcierge servicethe air conditioningroom servicecorner roomwonderful hotelcolumbus circlestreet noisetwo blocksnyc hoteltimes squarearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I think I am a pretty simple traveler. I normally travel for business and I like hotel rooms that a well thought out.

The Quin hit my 5 stars rating. Why? The rooms are very smart and the people that work there look and feel like they care.

Highlights.
Amazing Fresh shower products.
Nespresso machines with all the coffee I can handle......4 pods....I think I over did it
One touch I pads that control the whole room
Delicious coffee delivered hot and with a to go cup ....on time....I needed it at 6am sharp
Big Umbrella in my closet.....crazy nyc rain the day I was there.
And enough towels for a small family.....

I am looking forward to returning and if you are thinking about staying here.....Do it....so worth the money and time

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the inside....I got one but I liked the privacy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Evan D, thank you for your 5-star review and enthusiastic recommendation! We are so pleased to read that the Quin is the hotel that "finally gets you." We strive to offer personal service to all our guests, and we're thrilled to have earned your loyalty. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just got back from a long weekend trip to NYC. The Quin is a fabulous new hotel - close walk to Central Park (about a block away), Columbus Circle shopping and dining, across the street from Carnegie Hall, a few blocks away from amazing shopping. The doormen were easily able to hail cabs on a busy corner every time we needed one (it's about a $15-20 cab ride down to Soho/Meatpacking/Greenwich Village) and there is also a subway station very close to the hotel. The rooms are definitely small, but that's pretty standard for NY. (We just had a regular room, not a suite.) Clean, luxurious bathrooms (and large for NYC - I'd rather have a big bathroom than any more space in the living/sleeping area anyway). Our room had an interior view (aka no view at all) - but it was extremely quiet - we didn't hear any street noise whatsoever. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to NY and wanting to stay in Midtown or near Central Park.

Room Tip: If view doesn't matter to you - choose an interior room. They are probably much quieter than city view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

lmk2006, thank you for your fabulous review and recommendation! We're delighted you enjoyed a quiet and relaxing weekend with us at the Quin, and we hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to New York City!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have recently returned from three nights at the spectacular Quin Hotel in NYC. It was part of our honeymoon, so, as you can imagine, expectations were high!
I did a lot of research prior to booking, and the final two hotels in consideration were The Quin and the NoMad; I am so grateful we chose The Quin...as it turned out to be a truly magnificent stay!
Tripadvisor reviews helped me make my choice, so let me help you make yours, and break it down clearly (-;

The Booking process:

From the moment I made the initial call- everyone i dealt with during the booking process was incredibly kind, genuine and efficient! They have a service they call their "Attache" team, who are happy to help you with any restaurant reservations, tickets etc. But they are going for a more personal approach, and I found this to be, for the most part, successful. Michelle, Jane and others helped us with various things (-; When i mentioned it was our honeymoon, they immediately offered us a bottle of bubbly as a gift...lovely.

Arrival and room:

Well, I must say, I was truly taken by the "vibe" immediately upon arriving. Driving into NYC is, umm, stressful, and so arriving at a New York hotel and bags being whisked away, valet calmly welcoming us (even though there's a bus honking right behind us!) and entering a beautiful, contemporary (but not cold) space, was pretty magical. Being told they had upgraded us to a lovely suite in honor of our honeymoon, made our stay so incredibly special, I am truly grateful.

The room was a calm haven in a busy city...we had a Junior suite, and it is very spacious for NYC standards. The bathroom is particularly beautiful- walk in glass shower, lovely vanity, etc etc.
But i think what truly sets this hotel room apart is the attention to details and the level of quality textiles- Sferra Sheets! Frette Robes! I was a very happy woman each night, as I got into that incredibly comfy bed! We both slept like babies! * our room had interior views ( other buildings) but I think this is ideal in NYC- less street noise!
The room's shades, lights and temperature are all controlled through an ipad type thingy ( can you tell I'm not that tech savy) but it was surprisingly easy to use.
The hotel has curated some very beautiful photographs that scroll on the t.v's main hotel "page"...and I found it a very nice touch. And then there's the Nespresso machine...is there anything better than a "cafe couette"? ...coffee under your duvet? Perfect mornings.

In room dining:
Another wonderful experience! We decided to have breakfast in room on our first morning- and I can honestly say this was - by far- the BEST hotel dining I have ever had!
Omelette was delicious and hot...fruit drizzled with a light mint syrup...chicken sausages tasted fresh and delicious..a HUGE basket of pastries...and on and on...

The Service:
Another reason this hotel won us over...everyone is kind, sees to genuinely care and like their work. It is palpable. One example: on our last evening, we stumbled in quite late after seeing a jazz show (Go to Minton's) and I must have mentioned it was my new hubby's birthday that next day- a few minutes later a soft knock at the door...a lovely box of chocolates for him! Again- lovely. Lastly, I requested a late check out ( it was his birthday after all) to which they replied- "how would 3 pm be?" Perfect.
Thank you to the entire Quin team for making us feel so special and for ensuring a most romantic, relaxing honeymoon....see you next year for our anniversary! (-;

Room Tip: The Junior suites are wonderful ( lots of windows!) ...but I'm sure all rooms are of the highest standards.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

montrealitgirl, thank you for your exceptional review and for choosing the Quin! It was an honor to help you and your husband celebrate your honeymoon. On behalf of Jane, Michelle, and the entire team, congratulations once again! We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary in the years ahead!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Quin is one of the best boutique style hotels in NYC for the money with a central location. When you first walk in the hotel, the staff at the Quin is amazingly cordial, always treating you with respect and mindful of your needs. The room we received was an upgraded suite with Duxiana Bed with 32" Samsung flatscreen, Living Room equipped with 50" Samsung flatscreen and powder room, en suite massive bathroom with huge soaking tub, glass enclosed marble rain show and glass enclosed Really liked the valet parking offering. Regarding those sensitive to noise, I had no problem but you may want to bring earplugs and/or ask for a higher floor. Not wild about the breakfast at the Wayfarer (in hotel) as prices were high/service low. You may want to book through a travel agent to get the best price (I booked mine through Corporate travel as I was on business).

Room Tip: Book as early as possible and ask for an upgrade and a package (parking and breakfast)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

BestOfWestportCT, thank you for your amazing review! We're delighted you enjoyed our respectful and mindful services, DUX beds, and spacious bathrooms. It was a pleasure to ensure you had an excellent experience during your business trip to New York, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I recently completed my second stay at the Quin. My previous stay was roughly six weeks after opening, and now the hotel is closing in on 6 months in business. I had a very pleasant stay during my first visit but it was clear the hotel was still working a few small problems associated with opening a new property (minor technical malfunctions, some minor confusion and communications issues amongst the staff, etc.). While I enjoyed my first stay, I am pleased to say that the hotel is clearly getting better with age.

I stayed for one night in a Deluxe Room with a city view on the 4th floor. This room was a bit larger than my previous stay and I certainly appreciated the extra 30 or so square feet, which I found really did make a difference to my comfort and enjoyment so it might be worth splurging for the extra space. My room on both occasions was spotlessly clean, and staff members were friendly throughout including front desk staff, concierges, housekeepers, laundry attendants, etc. Many staff members remembered me by name, which I appreciate. I really like the Duxiana beds, which I find particularly comfortable.

I don’t know if any changes were made to the in-room technology but I found the bedside tablet much easier to operate during this stay and all the technological features of the hotel worked as they were supposed to and both water pressure and internet signal were uniformly strong.

Suzy and Denny (sp?) were particularly helpful at the concierge desk (I am still getting used to the term attaché), and worked through a number of small and mid-sized requests quickly and professionally. Staff members seemed to be informed about any issues or questions even across shifts so I might speak to someone about something and a colleague from another shift was well informed to help me, which I appreciate and fewer and fewer hotels do effectively these days. Bellman were helpful and even ran to a couple of the local Duane Reade’s for me after I sustained a minor injury unrelated to my stay.

The stars of the hotel really are the location and the service. That is not to say that the hotel is not luxurious but I can’t recall many properties where I have had better service and that are located five minutes from most major tourist attractions and shopping areas in the city. Service is friendly and respectful without being stiff and facilities are stylish without sacrificing practicality. This is also one of the few properties where both business and family travelers might appreciate the facilities equally.

Happy traveling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank twainandwhitman
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

sat800v, your loyalty means so much to us, and we are very grateful to have had the opportunity to further improve upon your experience because of your detailed review. Along with Suzy, Denny, and the entire team, thank you sincerely for allowing us to be your preferred hotel in New York City. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.