“Great location”

Ranked #44 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bay Area, CA
“Great location”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Quin is a great, new hotel in a great location on 57th. The restaurant is excellent as is the room service. We were always greeted with a friendly smile from the doormen. Will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
cjclark, thank you for your great review! We're so pleased to read that we have earned your loyalty through friendly service. We very much look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A great jam in one of the best locations in New York City. We found the hotel room quite small but for New York City standards it was ok. The bed was comfortable but no extremely comfy where you don't want to get out of bed. It was a little uncomfortable to read laying on bed - not good lighting and no comfy pillows. Even thou we chose to walk to the near Starbucks right next door to the hotel, the room offered nexpresso coffee. I will say the only bad experience we had was at the bar. It took about 20 - 30 min to get out cocktails, we did get the food right away. Overall a great experience in a new hotel in NYC

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lilligar
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Lilligar, thank you so much for your superb review! I am sorry there was a bit of a delay at the Wayfarer, but we're delighted to read that you could toast to a great overall experience with us in NYC. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We enjoyed our (small) room at the Quin. The location was perfect, very close to Central Park.
The rooms are quite small but that is to be expected in NYC. Since it has been newly renovated, everything was very clean and fresh. The smell (fragrance) of the hotel is AMAZING! The service was friendly but I wouldn't classify it as a 5 Star hotel. I would definitely consider staying here again. I would recommend this hotel for couples not families.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TampaBay4
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
TampaBay4, thank you for your great review and recommendation! Heritage, our signature scent by 12.29, is available as a candle, so you can take it home with you next time you visit. And as it would be a privilege to earn your loyalty, we hope that you do indeed choose to stay with us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was my first time in NYC and was so happy that i chose The Quin for the my residence. Its perfectly located 2 blocks from Central Park, 5 Blocks from Times Square subway round the corner. Its just perfect for location. I stayed here for 9 nights and did not encounter a single problem. I requested a room with a view before departing and was given what i requested kindly by the reservation manager. I cannot speak highly enough of the hotel. Check-in was brisk and the welcome we received was second to none. Bell staff were always helpful especially Jefferson. It was my Aunts 50th Birthday and they left a lovely card and chocolates in her room the day we checked in. Its got great gadgets the blinds,lights, Ac is all controlled by tablet so saved me getting up after a long day. The attache were always helpful when we needed help with anything. I cannot speak highly enough about this place. I would highly recommend to anyone to stay there its amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Mayur K, thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your great review with us! I am so proud to share your kind words with Jefferson and the entire team. It was a pleasure to help you and your family celebrate your aunt's birthday, and we hope to welcome you all back soon.
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

2nd stay in a week and a myriad of room issues from no A/C, to maid service barging in room unannounced, to used mini bar items still in room from my stay 3 days prior (I know because they put me in the exact same room as my prior stay and the mini bar still had items I left in it partially eaten and half empty bottles). Nice staff but not up to par for price point or expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jamie J
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Jamie J, thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for these inconveniences and inattention to detail. I have reached out to you directly to address your concerns and hope to restore your confidence in the Quin. If I can be of further assistance, I remain at your service at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I visit NYC on business frequently and used to stay at the major chains. I recently stayed at The Quin and absolutely loved it. Great location and the staff was professional and much friendlier than the majors. It is also nice to not be one of hundreds of guests, they made me feel special. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Jen S, thank you so much for your excellent review! Whether traveling for business or leisure, it's our privilege to make our guests feel special, and we are so glad to read you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to have you back soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

With a view of something other than a brick wall.... The hotel is very well located, the staff quite friendly and the room (604) quite beautifully appointed. But it was very small, with no place to store even a roll-aboard suitcase. The view of a back alley was depressing. The air conditioner, though well functioning, was loud (though a good substitute for a white noise machine/app if you use such things. Nespresso coffee maker, nice bathroom soaps, and turndown service with a bedside bottle of water were nice touches. Stay on a lower floor and avoid lengthy elevator delays by using steps.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc624
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Marc624, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, but I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the location of your room. Please allow us to introduce you to some of our larger room types with a view you can appreciate upon your return to NYC. I would be happy to personally ensure that you are perfectly comfortable upon your next stay with us.