“Lots of potential, poor execution”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, United States
“Lots of potential, poor execution”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

2nd stay in a week and a myriad of room issues from no A/C, to maid service barging in room unannounced, to used mini bar items still in room from my stay 3 days prior (I know because they put me in the exact same room as my prior stay and the mini bar still had items I left in it partially eaten and half empty bottles). Nice staff but not up to par for price point or expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jamie J
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Jamie J, thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for these inconveniences and inattention to detail. I have reached out to you directly to address your concerns and hope to restore your confidence in the Quin. If I can be of further assistance, I remain at your service at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I visit NYC on business frequently and used to stay at the major chains. I recently stayed at The Quin and absolutely loved it. Great location and the staff was professional and much friendlier than the majors. It is also nice to not be one of hundreds of guests, they made me feel special. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Jen S, thank you so much for your excellent review! Whether traveling for business or leisure, it's our privilege to make our guests feel special, and we are so glad to read you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to have you back soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

With a view of something other than a brick wall.... The hotel is very well located, the staff quite friendly and the room (604) quite beautifully appointed. But it was very small, with no place to store even a roll-aboard suitcase. The view of a back alley was depressing. The air conditioner, though well functioning, was loud (though a good substitute for a white noise machine/app if you use such things. Nespresso coffee maker, nice bathroom soaps, and turndown service with a bedside bottle of water were nice touches. Stay on a lower floor and avoid lengthy elevator delays by using steps.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc624
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Marc624, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, but I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the location of your room. Please allow us to introduce you to some of our larger room types with a view you can appreciate upon your return to NYC. I would be happy to personally ensure that you are perfectly comfortable upon your next stay with us.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Quin is located very central to shopping, great restaurants and Central Park or only a few blocks walk from Times Square. The restaurant in the Quin, Wayfarer, was also very good for lunch and I chatted with a couple of other guest who raved about their breakfast. I am an experienced traveler and found the staff very helpful and courteous during our entire stay. The bathroom was a nice size for NY standards and there was a wonderful coffee maker in our room. We received 2 bottles of complimentary water each day with our turndown service. The only issue we encountered during our stay was the maids did not replace the bath gel when it was low and missed refilling the Kleenex box. Because of the other wonderful staff and experience I just didn't think that warranted dropping the rating to a 4.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Laurad12, thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are delighted to have earned your loyalty through wonderful service, and I thank you for your notes about housekeeping. I am very sorry for this oversight, but we will be sure to take care of this for you upon your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Quin is in a great location as it is 2 blocks from Central Park and 5 th Ave shopping. The doormen and front desk staff were very friendly. The rooms were quite small but well appointed. iPads control the lights and shades and work well once you figure out how to use it(they don't work for Internet access). The bathrooms are modern but quite tiny. There is a fair amount of street noise but it is NYC so this did not bother. We did not eat at the hotel but had a drink in the bar. The bar is average. The hallways were narrow and dark and the elevators were small and slow. We took the stairs at times. It seems as if this was an apartment complex that was converted into a hotel. Although only a year old this is not a new facility! As other reviewers had mentioned, the carpets were very dirty in spots-odd for a "new" hotel. There was clearly a leftover apt on the 8th floor and the occupant must smoke a carton of cigs a day as the hallway where the elevator was(right next to the apt door) reeked of tobacco. They had some sort of fan in the hallway but this did nothing to hide the smell. This hotel is 4 stars for its physical appearance but 5 stars for service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank panster
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
panster, thank you for your review and helpful feedback. We’re delighted to read you enjoyed our great location and friendly service, but please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to maintain 5-star services and facilities throughout the hotel, and your comments allow us to address these conditions. I very much appreciate your thoughts and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Not sure why I am seeing doe 2 stars reviews on this hotel.
I constantly travel and come to New York very often.
I decided to try The Quin. After a few problems at check in (this hotel was overbooked, I was downgraded then upgraded to an amazing suite, the O'Keefe Suite) I was able to fully enjoy this gem.

Amanda, guest relations, did an amazing job at making me feel at home, along with Roger as well.
The valet service is excellent.
Food (room service) comes from nearby Wayfarer and is very fresh and delivered fast.

Room came with free wifi for all my devices. Spacious. Very comfortable mattress. Generous turn-down service. Well-stocked mini bar with novel products not usual found in hotel (candles for instance). Large screen HD TV.

Bathroom featured Fresh products. Large bath tub and large shower stall. Separate restrooms.

Daily maid service was way above par.

Room can be noisy because it is in midtown but with the air-conditioning on we cannot hear the street noise.

I will definitely come back to this hotel when I return to NY. I have found my home!

Room Tip: Choose high floors and if possible try the George o'Keefe suite!