“Great hotel”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #44 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 June 2014

great hotel, great location, excellent staff! eveyone is helpful and really friendly! but genuienly! not like they are faking it! its real! great location! if running at central park, you get a towel and water when you get back ! Excellent for business but also for leisure!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Sergio G, thank you for your great review! We are genuinely thrilled to read such wonderful comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Quin for 6 nights in June and had an outstanding experience. Check-in was effortless and quick, staff were professional, knowledgable and eager to assist. Quin Attache make the New York experience even more special with interesting, exciting and helpful ideas. They were able to get us reservations at "hard to get" restaurants and went the extra mile to make our stay even more unique and enjoyable. The picnic in the park with a gourmet picnic basket was wonderful and even the "New Yorkers" gave us looks of approval! The Room was spacious, clean and modern with all the luxurious amenities. The bed is amazing and we will certainnly look to replicate this in our new home. The shower was a great shower: modern, very clean and luxurious towels. From a business perspective, the internet was quick and reliable and the hotel was able to help with the business needs we had. The Wayfarer restaurant was great and we highly recommend you save space for the deserts. The location of the hotel is also ideal. It is near impossible to fault this hotel and we highly recommend it to anyone. It is clearly evident that the hotel is very well run and just has that extra touch of class everywhere you turn. Thank you to all the special people at the Quin who turned our trip from good to great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary W

Gary W, thank you sincerely for your outstanding review. We truly appreciate your taking the time to make us feel special with such kind words and enthusiastic recommendations. We're so glad you enjoyed the picnic in Central Park as well and hope to welcome you back every time your journey brings you to New York City!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Even before arriving, I made use of the attaché services to reserve dining at top notch restaurants. Upon arrival, Jefferson made sure that everything we could want was readily available. Ice and coffee pods for the Nespresso appeared as if by waving a magic wand. Holly, the GM, introduced herself along with the food and beverage directors at the Wayfarer restaurant. The bedding was luxurious and as comfortable as our bedding at our res. The room was a bit compact, but not unexpected for NYC. The presence of other patrons was muted by excellent soundproofing. During some rain showers, the doormen would run into the rain to get a taxi and escort you to the door with an umbrella. In my opinion, the staff more than made up for even the most minor issues with great attitudes, helpful demeanors and overall attention to their tasks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jim m
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

jim m, thank you very much for your "top notch" review! It was a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to the Quin. We sincerely appreciate your great feedback, and I will be delighted to share your thoughts with Jefferson and the entire team. We all hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Quin is very handsome 1 yr. old remodel in fantastic location. Staff is very good. Rooms very clean. HVAC issues imo. JMO, but I think this hotel should book for 599.00 per room max and not 699.00 for basic room. Next time, although I was content, I will more carefully review pricing of direct competitors. While no bathtub, excellent shower experience in CORNER rooms. Basic rooms not at "fabulous", but appreciate multi head shower option and personal hand-held. TOWELS were HORRIFIC -- my personal experience is perhaps unique -- I find most towels of any quality are not soft after several washings. So, I guess the only solution would be brand new towels each guest each booking -- in my dreams I realize, but still, gotta soften those towels somehow. Needs better evening lighting and poor sink faucet choice. Very attentive and professional staff. Concierge needs some more training and hands on experience of NYC -- i'm guessing she hasn't been around the town too often herself --- hey, someone give this gal a 3-day tour on the house to experience everything herself ! She deserves that type training. Lastly, those sink-in down sleep pillows are not for everyone -- I thought I would drown -- would be nice to have alternate sleep pillow choice. I'd likely return for this location, but i'm gonna dblcheck pricing re. value. I don't mind spending close to 700.00 for a room, but I expect WYNN quality for that !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Steven T, thank you for your helpful comments. We strive to provide the utmost value to all our guests through personalized experiences and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. In the meantime, I'd be happy to learn more about your preferences. I can be reached at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com at your convenience.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall good experience. Rooms are small but that is pretty much par for NYC. It was very clean and I liked the noise of the fan as it filtered out street traffic noise. We didn't spend that much time in the room to much care about the small space. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I judge this based on the fact I own a tempurpedic at home. Enjoyed the rain shower and abundance of hot water. Great location. 10 min. walk to the double decker tour buses and a 10 min. walk to central park. The hotel room and hallway did get a musty smell with the rain we had that weekend but I imagine that would be with any hotel with carpeting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickySixx
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

NickySixx, thank you for your great review! We're delighted you enjoyed your weekend in NYC. We sincerely regret if the rain put a damper on your experience in any way, and we thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Horrible looking block from the outside but inside everything modern and tasteful. I had a corner room which was tastefully done - top quality Frette linen, good extras, large comfortable bed, big TV big walk-in shower (no bath). Quite a bit smaller than I expected but fine. Good exercise room, very attentive service - the Attaché service quickly got me Yankees tickets. Free coffee and water. Attached restaurant and bar looks nice but didn't use it. They don't provide a hotel guide so you have to ask about facilities, which I found a bit strange - so not sure what else they have - I'll probably get home and find they had a spa and roof-top bar! I booked direct and got a decent price. Given free Bergdorf Goodman card for $50. Will go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

186338Marcel01, thank you for your excellent review! We're so glad you enjoyed our services and amenities and would be happy to personally introduce you to more of our offerings upon your next visit, or feel free to scroll through our canvas of services on the in-room TV. We very much look forward to your return and thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your loyalty!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited for my wife's birthday with my 17 month old son, who was treated like royalty since day one!
Holly B. and her whole team always went the extra mile for our needs.
Where upgraded to a beautiful junior suite.
Very nice and educated guests attending The Quin made our experience simply outstanding.
Thank you Holly for keeping our expectations as hi as they could've been.
Hope to see you whenever we visit NY again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Mauricio C, thank you for your outstanding review. Cultivating a friendly community is very important to us at the Quin, and we're absolutely delighted you enjoyed your wife's birthday with your family. Thank you for inspiring us to keep expectations as high as they could be! We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit.