“2 men and their extended Asian family visit NYC to show 'em the sights and sounds ...”
Review of the Quin

the Quin
Ranked #40 of 466 Hotels in New York City
WEST HOLLYWOOD
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Quin is very handsome 1 yr. old remodel in fantastic location. Staff is very good. Rooms very clean. HVAC issues imo. JMO, but I think this hotel should book for 599.00 per room max and not 699.00 for basic room. Next time, although I was content, I will more carefully review pricing of direct competitors. While no bathtub, excellent shower experience in CORNER rooms. Basic rooms not at "fabulous", but appreciate multi head shower option and personal hand-held. TOWELS were HORRIFIC -- my personal experience is perhaps unique -- I find most towels of any quality are not soft after several washings. So, I guess the only solution would be brand new towels each guest each booking -- in my dreams I realize, but still, gotta soften those towels somehow. Needs better evening lighting and poor sink faucet choice. Very attentive and professional staff. Concierge needs some more training and hands on experience of NYC -- i'm guessing she hasn't been around the town too often herself --- hey, someone give this gal a 3-day tour on the house to experience everything herself ! She deserves that type training. Lastly, those sink-in down sleep pillows are not for everyone -- I thought I would drown -- would be nice to have alternate sleep pillow choice. I'd likely return for this location, but i'm gonna dblcheck pricing re. value. I don't mind spending close to 700.00 for a room, but I expect WYNN quality for that !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Steven T, thank you for your helpful comments. We strive to provide the utmost value to all our guests through personalized experiences and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. In the meantime, I'd be happy to learn more about your preferences. I can be reached at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com at your convenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall good experience. Rooms are small but that is pretty much par for NYC. It was very clean and I liked the noise of the fan as it filtered out street traffic noise. We didn't spend that much time in the room to much care about the small space. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I judge this based on the fact I own a tempurpedic at home. Enjoyed the rain shower and abundance of hot water. Great location. 10 min. walk to the double decker tour buses and a 10 min. walk to central park. The hotel room and hallway did get a musty smell with the rain we had that weekend but I imagine that would be with any hotel with carpeting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickySixx
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
NickySixx, thank you for your great review! We're delighted you enjoyed your weekend in NYC. We sincerely regret if the rain put a damper on your experience in any way, and we thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Horrible looking block from the outside but inside everything modern and tasteful. I had a corner room which was tastefully done - top quality Frette linen, good extras, large comfortable bed, big TV big walk-in shower (no bath). Quite a bit smaller than I expected but fine. Good exercise room, very attentive service - the Attaché service quickly got me Yankees tickets. Free coffee and water. Attached restaurant and bar looks nice but didn't use it. They don't provide a hotel guide so you have to ask about facilities, which I found a bit strange - so not sure what else they have - I'll probably get home and find they had a spa and roof-top bar! I booked direct and got a decent price. Given free Bergdorf Goodman card for $50. Will go back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
186338Marcel01, thank you for your excellent review! We're so glad you enjoyed our services and amenities and would be happy to personally introduce you to more of our offerings upon your next visit, or feel free to scroll through our canvas of services on the in-room TV. We very much look forward to your return and thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your loyalty!
Mexico
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Visited for my wife's birthday with my 17 month old son, who was treated like royalty since day one!
Holly B. and her whole team always went the extra mile for our needs.
Where upgraded to a beautiful junior suite.
Very nice and educated guests attending The Quin made our experience simply outstanding.
Thank you Holly for keeping our expectations as hi as they could've been.
Hope to see you whenever we visit NY again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Mauricio C, thank you for your outstanding review. Cultivating a friendly community is very important to us at the Quin, and we're absolutely delighted you enjoyed your wife's birthday with your family. Thank you for inspiring us to keep expectations as high as they could be! We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit.
Elmvale, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

No ice machines in the hotel. Asked for ice to be delivered at 2:45 at the front desk. Phoned down at 3:15 wondering when it would arrive...was told ithin 2 minutes......actually arrived another 20 minutes later ...total of 50 minutes ...if you want coffe or ice, stay at another hotel .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Steve_CT8365JE
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Steve_CT8365JE, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this delayed delivery caused you. Please be assured that this unusual occurrence is not reflective of the excellent service we strive to maintain. We respect that your time is very valuable and offer our most sincere apologies. I would appreciate the chance to regain your confidence. At your convenience, I can be reached at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.
Doha
Reviewed 15 June 2014

After reading the glowing reviews, we decided to give it a chance. The positives is the location, great service alwAys with a smile and wonderful bed. The negatives is the extremely small rooms, I can cope with a small bathroom but the room was very small even with the upgraded room we got. No room for luggage at all and not enough storage, the ac was noisy and was leaking water and the windows were not soundproof even on the 9th floor it was abit noisy... The iPad control weasel nice but acted up abit.

Even though I loved the service the size of the room will probably not bring me here again

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank virtual_Doha
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
virtual_Doha, thank you for selecting the Quin because of our great service and reviews. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and appreciate your giving us the chance to address your concerns. We'd love to earn your loyalty, so please allow me to personally introduce you to larger room types that might better suit you upon your return to New York. I can be reached at hbreuche@thequinhotel.com.
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

After visiting in March, I returned for 2 nights. I was welcomed back by the entire team who were anxious to meet my every desire. The service is top notch. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The location is great. All in all this is now my default for all my trips to New York, business or personal. Thank you Quin!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
NG1058, thank you for your wonderful review and for giving us the chance to earn your loyalty. It's a privilege to be your second home, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back upon each visit to NYC.